Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presidential debate...

Obama was nowhere to be found.

That was pretty much a blowout and put Romney on the map.

Has anyone found Obama's teleprompter?

I expect to see Obama come out swinging in the next one.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

IIRC, Kerry was declared "winner" in all but one of his debates with Bush. There are very few undecided voters at this point and I'm not sure how much debates help, but we'll see.
    sigpic

Comment

I love hearing both sides talk about how clearly their candidate won, a blowout if you will. Who decided they won? You? You already fucking supported Romney, big surprise you think he came out ahead. Same goes for Obama supporters who think he won. No fucking way, your blind loyalty extends into the debates, who the hell would have thought.

Yes I'm bitter, but I'm so sick of this us vs. them bullshit between the 2 parties. Political parties have their followers eating from the palm of their hands.

I watched a little bit of the debates, their canned responses and the careful arguing between each other to "clarify their position" was exactly as expected and probably didn't sway 1 god damn person in this entire country.
      sigpic

Comment

What? Swing voters are who decide the public vote in the end. And there are millions of them. My wife being one of them. These debates have everything to do with how the swing voters will vote.
        People don't like what they currently see but they're also afraid of change...again.

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post
        I love hearing both sides talk about how clearly their candidate won, a blowout if you will. Who decided they won? You? You already fucking supported Romney, big surprise you think he came out ahead. Same goes for Obama supporters who think he won. No fucking way, your blind loyalty extends into the debates, who the hell would have thought.

Yes I'm bitter, but I'm so sick of this us vs. them bullshit between the 2 parties. Political parties have their followers eating from the palm of their hands.

I watched a little bit of the debates, their canned responses and the careful arguing between each other to "clarify their position" was exactly as expected and probably didn't sway 1 god damn person in this entire country.

I'm not a Republican. I just dislike Romney less than Obama.
        Last edited by joshh; 10-03-2012, 10:12 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
          What? Swing voters are who decide the public vote in the end. And there are millions of them. My wife being one of them. These debates have everything to do with how the swing voters will vote.
          People don't like what they currently see but they're also afraid of change...again.

I'm not a Republican. I just dislike Romney less than Obama.
          Look back at history. Debates rarely have a totally game-changing effect on a race.

Romney won, though. Obama seemed very reserved and hardly asserted himself. As the OP said, I'd also expect Obama to come out swinging for the next one.

Current: 1990 325iS | Past: 1991 318iS

Comment

I'm an Obama supporter but i will say Obama freaking bombed it was bad he let Romney walk over him I'm very disappointed
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by pureaudio View Post

Exactly! These debates are WORTHLESS. Everybody already knows who they are voting for and the grand total of 3 people that are being swayed by these debates won't matter at all. The only thing the debates are good for is seeing who fucks up and puts their foot in their mouth. The candidates basically have 4 chances to not fuck up and if they fuck up badly enough then they could potentially sway the outcome of some swing states. Obama may not have "won" the debate, but he didn't fuck up and it was all on purpose. That was the strategy and that's why his campaign has been downplaying the debates for weeks.

I am calling the election right now and Obama will be the winner. You can quote me on that. And it's all because he is leading in the most important metric of them all, campaign contributions.

Comment

it's refreshing to hear that Romney did well. I didn't watch the debate, I had to work, and then I had better things to do after work (order springs and other crap for my E30, goof off on the internet, play with my daughter).

That said, I am by no means an Obama supporter, but I may have to agree w/ Holmes, Obama is going to win.

Comment

I watched the debate as a form of entertainment rather than politically informative information. I feel bad for Jim Lehrer. He got walked all over by the candidates.. though it was certainly humorous.

Cliffs though:

Romney's forced smile is atrocious to look at.

Obama addressed the camera.. ie, the audience the candidates are trying to reach.. far more successfully than Romney.

Obama tried his best to just deflect the constant shit-slinging about 'Obamacare', deficits, Dodd-Frank, tax reform, etc from Romney; Romney tried his best to make up answers about policies that he supposedly has formulated about the same key issues.

Romney is a businessman. Obama is a public speaker. YMMV but I don't think we need a businessman at the helm.

The debate really clarified stances though: Romney for minimizing federal government and hoping states can clean up their act, Obama for maximizing government regulation and programs. And personally speaking, taxes on the middle class are not what this country needs to focus on. It's all such a fucking joke, I swear.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                    YMMV but I don't think we need a businessman at the helm.
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

My wife and I are both Obama supporters but concede that Romney came out on top in this one.

I think the main goal here is not to say something that anyone on the other side can take out of context and post up on facebook all day long to make the other person look like a jackass.
                      "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                      -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                        I agree with him, but don't take that as approval of Obama. Why do you think it's funny?

Comment

Can someone with an unbiased opinion please explain to me how you still support Obama, especially after last night? Include his track record of the last 4 years and his policies moving forward.

Originally posted by blunttech
                          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

People are blind if they dont see that Obama totally flopped last night. Romney wiped his ass with him. Even NBC and "undecided voter" said Obama looked like a deer caught in the headlights. If people didn't see that last night they must not have been watching the debate.

Comment

You don't think of the Federal Government as one big business?

This country is going to continue to slide down the toilet bowl until we have another credible party or so real bi-partisan congressional talks and get things done.

Pork barrel spending and printing more and more money has got to end.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X