A wife Led Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mechdonald
    Ummm... keep reading verses 25-28. You'll note there are some instructions for the husband too. I think you are probably quoting the above in jest, but don't feed the trolls by taking it out of context.

"Husbands, love your wives...
    and ...husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself."

:)
    You're absolutely right, so long as you can prove she really was a virgin, otherwise it's time to stone-a-bitch!

13 If a man takes a wife and, after sleeping with her, dislikes her 14 and slanders her and gives her a bad name, saying, “I married this woman, but when I approached her, I did not find proof of her virginity,” 15 then the young woman’s father and mother shall bring to the town elders at the gate proof that she was a virgin. 16 Her father will say to the elders, “I gave my daughter in marriage to this man, but he dislikes her. 17 Now he has slandered her and said, ‘I did not find your daughter to be a virgin.’ But here is the proof of my daughter’s virginity.” Then her parents shall display the cloth before the elders of the town, 18 and the elders shall take the man and punish him. 19 They shall fine him a hundred shekels[b] of silver and give them to the young woman’s father, because this man has given an Israelite virgin a bad name. She shall continue to be his wife; he must not divorce her as long as he lives.

20 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman’s virginity can be found, 21 she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house. You must purge the evil from among you.
    I posted the prior in jest yes, I posted this quote as a testament to the stupidity of it all.

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
    how are you still alive on this forum?
    The naive old religious farts seem to avoid P&R
    Last edited by cale; 06-04-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
        LOL.

I am married, about to have my 5yr anniv this year. I dont make any money(my company is barely staying afloat), my wife pays all the bills. But she still respects me, and knows that I know better when it comes to almost everything other than expressing/considering peoples "feelings". If it was any other way, I probably wouldnt be married.
        Good for you :o . That means you was a grown @ss man whe you got married.
        I was still living in my parents home and had no responsibilities but paying my own car insurance, school tution, and cellphone bill. On the other hand, my wife has been on her own since 17 years of age and had to "man up" early in life to keep a roof over her head (and sometimes others), and bills paid. I'm still learning how to manage stuff that she's pretty much a damn expert at by now. I'm pretty if I was like: "Honey, let my manage all the bill payments, baby doctor appointments, Dinner meal plans, groceries, and house cleaning from now on." She would be like "Really! Why!? She's been doing these things for along time she's fluid with it even though it can be overwhelming at times. Just asked her and she said she would be hesitant about it and concerned about me being overwhelmed.

Comment

Thank you for all your responses. I like hearing what other folk think about these kinds of issues. Although it is sad how many people don't Believe in Christianity anymore.

Comment

LOL at Raxe
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by previasc96 View Post
              Although it is sad how many people don't Believe in Christianity anymore.
              No, it's actually sad how many still believe it. Especially the way you have to pick and choose it's various teachings to be even slightly relevant in the modern world.

And we are still completely ignoring the various parts that have been refuted by science.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                  No, it's actually sad how many still believe it. Especially the way you have to pick and choose it's various teachings to be even slightly relevant in the modern world.

And we are still completely ignoring the various parts that have been refuted by science.

Nice! I was thinking slavery today actually. If you own slaves your operation is totally dependent on productivity, then you better make damn sure that they are well feed and get good enough rest to be the push it to the max the next work day. But in the Corporate world we live in now, you boss will work your @ss into the ground with overtime and don't really give care if your "too exausted" the next day. They took the plantations to the office park. Damn, I still didn't watch Django yet :D

Comment

For me its kind of waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up if you think ether party needs to be the one in control. There should be no need for a subordinate or a leader figure. Given I have never been married, but I have been with my GF for more then a few years now and we share everything, money, cars, house, and so on. I dont control her and she does not control me. We make mutual choices together, and when needed one of us will make a sacrifice for the other if they have something they really need.
                    Right now I am back in school and my GF is paying all the bills. I know that if she ever wants to do something like that Ill have her back. Thats how I think a relationship should be. She is my best friend and we are like a team.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

wow...this thread.......i read the original post and figured i would pop some popcorn and read the rest for laughs.

religion is good for society because it gives people a reason to be good. if you and your new wife are into it then great....just know that common sense needs to prevail. if your wife isn't the bible thumper you apparently are, your relationship isn't going to work out anyway.

if you don't want to be pu$$y whipped in your relationship, just quit being a pu$$y. you don't need to be an a$$hole. just own your opinions, get a job, and figure out how to pay your bills. even better, when your wife pays the bills, sit down with her and do it together.

by the way you have written your posts here, you don't sound like a stupid guy. i just don't think you are going to find all your answers by being a religious zealot.
                      sigpic
                      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by previasc96 View Post
                        :D
                        Than you for the interesting reply. Sounds like a good set up. But what happens when you find out that some guy is mashing her potatoes behind your back? Can't use any religious "you committed adultry" crap on her right?
                        What if society gets to a point were secular folk think "open" relationships are fine? will you be like "Oh just make sure your using protection...I know I do when I get MY side action. Have a nice time honey ;) "

If someone is mashing her potatoes then there is no need for her to be with me.

Heres the basic recipe:
                        (You like cookies?) ;)
                        Add the trust and selfless components and remove the jealously and some of the sexual component (dont get hung up on sex). Enjoy each others company and not just what the other person can do for you.

BTW , she lives in the home that I purchased 250 miles away. I see her on weekends for the most part. Trust is where you start and end in a relationship. One starts with complete trust or they "should". Only when the other person gives one a reason to distrust them is there cause for concern.

We have been in a totally committed relationship for over 20 years. Long enough to see MANY friends and others get married, have kids, and divorce.

Those relationships have not persisted and yet ours has. HOW?

Religion never figures into the equation- remove it totally!
                        I dont need a religion to teach me how to be a good person and live in the proper manner. I had an excellent upbringing that taught me wrong from right. I am free to choose which I prefer to go with in any given situation.

Adultery! Thats a laugh! *I am totally fine if she wants to have romantic interludes as long as I dont know about them. What one does not know about does not exist!

You really have to be on the same page with your partner for this type of relationship to function. The away time is actually very good when you get the hang of it.

Not inferring we have an open relationship as (from what I know *see above) we dont.
                        Mash on fella!
                        Last edited by e30vert; 06-04-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          For me its kind of waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesed up if you think ether party needs to be the one in control. There should be no need for a subordinate or a leader figure. Given I have never been married, but I have been with my GF for more then a few years now and we share everything, money, cars, house, and so on. I dont control her and she does not control me. We make mutual choices together, and when needed one of us will make a sacrifice for the other if they have something they really need.
                          Right now I am back in school and my GF is paying all the bills. I know that if she ever wants to do something like that Ill have her back. Thats how I think a relationship should be. She is my best friend and we are like a team.
                          Were on the same page brother!

This only works as long as both people stick with the plan. "Stay the course"

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            religion is good for society because it gives people a reason to be good..
                            I don't believe in God nor does the wife.

So why do we give money to charity, donate our time for community dinners for the less fortunate, etc?

Like marriage, being a good person existed before religion.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Thank and lots of thumbs up for your response e30vert! :D

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                I just don't think you are going to find all your answers by being a religious zealot.
                                I don't think he's being a religious zealot: frankly, I think you'd guys have a major attitude change of he claimed he was Muslim, Buddist, or any other religion. In the pursuit of religious decriminalizing, don't become one who discriminates yourself

Look, openly, I am a practicing "Christian" and I use that turn loosely because American Christianity, and frankly Christianity today, is utter garbage that businessmen are catching on to and taking advantage of the unwashed, unintelligent, willingly ignorant masses for personal gain. I study my Word, I look up my Greek, I listen to my sermons, I read my blogs, I do my devotionals: frankly, I just live my life according to the Word and let people come to me if they'd like to talk: a factor present in First Century theology but has been lost since the Reformation and the Great Awakenings: PERSONAL Discipline and Practice.

That being said; Proverbs 31 paint the picture of a woman who doesn't work in the sense of modern day work: she works at home, not under the burdens of a workforce. Biblically, a man must work, a woman must work; but both works are different entirely: the man works for money, while the woman helps the man.

Don't get offended yet you feminists-at-heart. Who's to say that's a bad thing? Frankly, we live in a world today where media paints a picture of men as incompetent buffoons, and the reason why women run rampant today is that emotionally, that hits them, connects, and try run with it: disregarding all principles for a healthy marriage, forcing the man to imasculate himself, and become the "woman" in the relationship. BIOLOGICALLY, women are gifted with better attention to detail and increased fine motor skills, which allows them to focus on many tasks at a time (housework), while men are better equipped to handle arduous tasks without emotional breakdowns (such as enduring long 8-10 hour work days). This is Biologically (this isn't even biblical, so you can't argue it if it isn't your cup of tea), there are already fundamental groundworks for a, not a "completing" relationship, but a complimentarian one, in which the wife suplplies the needs of the husband, and the husband supplies the needs of the wife.

So, yes; while posted in jest, the passage in Ephesians isn't just that one verse, and you can be just as ignorant as the sheep if you want to quote just that one verse; the passage speaks of the wife submitting to the husband because of his leadership, but for the husband to love, not be bitter, and care for his wife.

It's not just biblical, it's biological:
                                In the brain of every man, all he wants is respect (what the passage talks about)
                                In the brain of every woman, all she wants is to be secure an loved (ALSO, what the passage speaks of)

If the very groundworks of how marriage, relationships, and courting are in men and women's very nature, why go against it and destroy as system that has worked for mankind for centuries? To pursue feminist dreams? To be a lazy fart-turd and stay home all day and delegate your responsibilities to your wife?

What kind of man can't control his household? What kind of woman wants to imasculate her husband?

Just some food for thought
                                That is all I shall post

Comment

Working...
                                X