• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facepalm.png
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
      no it isn't

you want to know what this week's bay area antifascist action was?

getting a proud boy band called the white lighters removed from all of their bay area bookings early next month by contacting the venues

ooh SCARY ANTIFA

meanwhile children are being tear gassed at the southern border (would have been a war crime if i did that in iraq) and nobody here has a word to say about it so i guess it's just fucking dandy

you want to talk down to an anarchist about whether or not it's okay to employ violence? fix your own house first

Why did you guys call the venues?

I hope it wasn't because of the band name. I really hope it wasn't, because a name like that likely has much more to do with music folklore than race.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        Why did you guys call the venues?

I hope it wasn't because of the band name. I really hope it wasn't, because a name like that likely has much more to do with music folklore than race.
        but he and his mind set are easily offended by everything, even if the dont know or understand the meaning of what every they are getting bent out of shape about. His band is allowed to play to people that want to hear it, but others that have viewpoints he does not agree with MUST BE SILENCED. because the 1st amendment only applies to things he wants to hear or wont offend his sensitive little feelers.

I just saw an article in the HuffPo here in the last couple days, where people are getting pissed off at the Xmas classic Rudolf the red nosed reindeer, because its some how racist and sexist. FFS...........
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

If they pulled that shit over the name, then they should just stop what they are doing and accept that they are the very thing they hate.

No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            but he and his mind set are easily offended by everything, even if the dont know or understand the meaning of what every they are getting bent out of shape about. His band is allowed to play to people that want to hear it, but others that have viewpoints he does not agree with MUST BE SILENCED. because the 1st amendment only applies to things he wants to hear or wont offend his sensitive little feelers.

I just saw an article in the HuffPo here in the last couple days, where people are getting pissed off at the Xmas classic Rudolf the red nosed reindeer, because its some how racist and sexist. FFS...........
            WDOK has stopped playing "Baby it's cold outside" because of the #MeToo movement.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

When people stop giving a shit who they offend, people will stop being offended by everything. A toddler stops crying after a few days when they have to go to bed when the parents stop coming in and trying to comfort them. Shits so simple.

Comment

oh no, is my relevance being questioned by a bunch of internet addicts on an obscure bmw forum? the horror
                TIL that you can dismiss someone who's spent less time than yourself on a forum by calling them an addict. Is that irony, or flat out stupidity?

We're all irrelevant here, the only way by which we gain some semblance of relevance is by our contributions to this community. I can easily say I hold little relevance, z31 has been a very vocal member who holds a fairly rational centrist position on nearly every topic making him a solid contributor. Is your only argument that as the frequency by which a member posts is a determinant for how easily you can dismiss them? Your retort was nonsense, quick bickering for the sake of it.

Comment

you want to know what this week's bay area antifascist action was?

getting a proud boy band called the white lighters removed from all of their bay area bookings early next month by contacting the venues

ooh SCARY ANTIFA
                  What did Antifa say or do to the venues to result in the cancellation of the bookings?

I support music more than I support threats of violence. Music tends to bring people together.

Did you or Antifa suggest that a protest and possibly violence would break out if this touring musical group visited your area?

Sounds pretty scary imo.

Last night at work a patient's family member called the ER to tell us that "if anything happens to her I'm going to come kill you all." He had a history of doing similar things. There was no preventative response we all just laughed it off. Still scary.

This is actually pretty common in healthcare. Sounds like antifa uses similar tactics.

Ends justify the means and all..

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                    What did Antifa say or do to the venues to result in the cancellation of the bookings?

I support music more than I support threats of violence. Music tends to bring people together.

Did you or Antifa suggest that a protest and possibly violence would break out if this touring musical group visited your area?

Sounds pretty scary imo.

Last night at work a patient's family member called the ER to tell us that "if anything happens to her I'm going to come kill you all." He had a history of doing similar things. There was no preventative response we all just laughed it off. Still scary.

This is actually pretty common in healthcare. Sounds like antifa uses similar tactics.

Ends justify the means and all..
                    we called the managers of said venues (including the one i'm currently working at) and told the story of how the lead singer wore a proud boys jacket on-stage at a show and refused to remove it when asked to by management because it reflected poorly on his establishment

that earns you a "yeah fuck off" at venues that don't tolerate fascists. we have no obligation to book them. you don't like that attitude? fine, find somewhere else to play your show

why do you assume there was violence involved, when i already made light of the fact that this happened peacefully?
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

we called the managers of said venues (including the one i'm currently working at) and told the story of how the lead singer wore a proud boys jacket on-stage at a show and refused to remove it when asked to by management because it reflected poorly on his establishment

that earns you a "yeah fuck off" at venues that don't tolerate fascists. we have no obligation to book them. you don't like that attitude? fine, find somewhere else to play your show

why do you assume there was violence involved, when i already made light of the fact that this happened peacefully?
                      Thanks for fighting the good fight, and not letting adults decide for themselves who they wish to support. With noble folk such as yourself deciding for us, we no longer have to think.

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                        Thanks for fighting the good fight, and not letting adults decide for themselves who they wish to support. With noble folk such as yourself deciding for us, we no longer have to think.
                        so your opinion is: that a privately-owned venue should have to allow any band to play, even one wearing neo-nazi clothes. the owners and managers should have no say in who gets to play or how it reflects on the venue.

since i apparently have to mansplain our constitution to you, i'll try to do it gently: the first amendment just means you get to say it. it doesn't mean you get a platform to do so on someone else's dime/time.

you can go continue your campaign of tearful-rage emails about alex jones to twitter/youtube/etc now.
                        past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

so your opinion is: that a privately-owned venue should have to allow any band to play, even one wearing neo-nazi clothes. the owners and managers should have no say in who gets to play or how it reflects on the venue.
                          Not at all what I said. Mostly I was just mocking you because you attribute a proud-boy shirt to being a neo-nazi, I think that is nonsense.

The owners and managers should do a better job managing their venues if they're truly bringing in racist talent. White supremacist bands a real thing, and I very much doubt they would have ever made the venues you stopped this group from playing at. All you accomplished was manipulating our current climate of death-by-review whereby businesses are destroyed by mobs of angry nobodies who take to condemning a business online. I very much doubt the owners gave a fuck about the shirt, but I'm sure they did care about your gang of misfits doing them harm through the media.

So again, great job noble sir. I'm sure you're great at writing yelp reviews too.

since i apparently have to mansplain
                          I think you're better equipped to womansplain the proper application of makeup.

you can go continue your campaign of tearful-rage emails about alex jones to twitter/youtube/etc now.
                          Why is it you attribute my condemnation of your antics with support of equally unhinged individuals on the other end of the spectrum? I think you're both buffoons, as does the rest of the civil majority.

Comment

that earns you a "yeah fuck off" at venues that don't tolerate fascists we have no obligation to book them. you don't like that attitude? fine, find somewhere else to play your show
                            ?

Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              you keep using memes (that you linked from bing, lol. enjoy your malware) because you're incapable of manufacturing an original thought.

if you think the proud boys are not white supremacists, you're simply uninformed (imagine my surprise; i know your news sources). *they* know what it means.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

if you think the proud boys are not white supremacists, you're simply uninformed (imagine my surprise; i know your news sources). *they* know what it means.
                                Provide something of merit that would convince us they are. I'll accept that as individuals some white supremacists make up their numbers, but to suggest they're a white supremacy organization is unequivocally false. It's akin to saying that the BLM movement is a black supremacy group, which they are not.

Comment

Working...
                                X