Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UUC * First ever DOT-compliant LED headlight system - installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I wish I could see how these perform in person. Seems to be the cutting edge in headlamp technology these days.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
      I disagree. Feedback on such a product is critical. "We" are the market for which these lights are aimed at. While the looks don't bother Rob, they bother a good number of people in the market. He's not making the lights for him, he's making them for us. It's constructive criticism so let's not sugarcoat anything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
      Ok, I dont disagree, but here is the thing. If he was looking purely for feedback on if he should look into them at all for us, or just forget it then yes. The way it seems is that he has done a decent bit of homework on these and that he is really looking to start marketing them once he works out the price. Seems to me they are a form over function type product. I personally think there are PLENTY of hideous products that people put on their cars, from spoilers to wheels. It's all about someone's personal goals. Too many people get wrapped up in what others on these forums think than what will achieve what they want out of their car. These would be for someone looking for drivability.

Either way, I think there are better and more constructive ways of giving criticism. I'd just like to see this be a helpful informative place rather than the typical BS.

Comment

I'm getting a lot of email about "when can we see pics of the complete setup on the car?" The fact is I'll have the other side done later this week, the delay being that I am documenting the installation procedure step-by-step.

Until then, here are a couple of software-manipulated images (I use GIMP if anyone is interested).

Repeat: these are not genuine photographs. You will see things that are clearly not real. These pictures were made just for the purpose of giving an idea of what the final result will look like.

All four headlights as LED:

Alternate configuration: low-beam LEDs, standard high beams:

- Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
        Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Hmm the second one isn't bad. I'd like to see them with smoked and crosshaired highs.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I like the low beams, the high beams look like a spider.

Comment

These look retarded...

]Real sht

Comment

I dig them a ton, safety first!
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

High beam reminds me of these:

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    The lowbeam isn't bad, but the high beam is just nasty looking. Also those visible allen bolts should at least be black if not all hidden imho.

1^ on the ring, maybe develop some big fat round black rings to go around the lenses.also, could you black out the o.e high beam with the mix combo pic? Maybe real pics with smoked lamnex, installed on the full kit?

just some ideas, these look promising
                    Last edited by Schniddy; 07-28-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Trim rings to cover the allen bolts and fill up the rest of the headlamp hole in the grill.

Then, you've got yourself a winner in my book. They could look MUCH worse IMO.
                      1991 318iS
                      1992 911
                      2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
                      1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
                      1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                        Personally I think this looks bitchin. Just as good as smoked smileys, IMO.

Count me in, Rob.

Matt
                        Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                        I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                        Originally posted by chadthestampede
                        This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

Looks good. interested in the price. I wonder, is it possible to run a duel high/low in the low space. I deleted my highs for intake.

Comment

As far as lumens go, it's hard to compare one light to another based solely off of lumens because the measurement also takes into account the pattern of the light. So unless the pattern of both lights you are comparing is exactly the same (which it never will be), the numbers are somewhat useless. Wiki explains it fairly well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumen_(unit)

I think the light would look a lot better if they were bigger and filled the entire area the stock lights do. The fact that they are smaller make them look very strange. I do like the way each individual light looks though.

And for reference, I've seen other LED headlights go for $600-$1000 a set, so don't expect these to be cheap. Especially since these are DOT approved.

Comment

those are hot!!! i been working on something similar !!

but these look bomb to me
                              but im sure they are going to cost more than my whole car....

btw... did i mention they are dope!!!!
                              Last edited by gone002; 07-28-2010, 11:01 PM.
                              bimmerboltsandparts.com

bring back the neeked broads!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

If I squint really hard it looks like the E30 is squinting back. I'd like to ride in a car with a set of these. I don't see LED low beams producing more light downroad than my properly aimed 55w HID's.

Neat idea though.
                                1985 RX7 - Badassery Exemplified.
                                1989 325is
                                sigpic
                                -Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X