Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Differential Speedo Pulse Generator - Install Question

Gents,

I just replaced my speedo pulse generator, and it works great now. I also used new screws to install it, and those new screws don't have the pin holes drilled in them for the securing wire that was on the original.

I ordered the securing bracket shown in the pic, but I can't figure out how to orient it for installation. My car didn't have this bracket originally, and I ordered it because it was on the RealOEM diagram (#11). Have any of you used this bracket to hold the sensor on? How does it go? I can't find a pic of it installed. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

you need part #10. that's part # 11. I've never seen that before..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I also have part #10. Part 11 looks like it is supposed to go over the plug to keep it from coming loose. It would seem to serve the same purpose as the anti-tampering wire that went across the plug originally. This may be one of those cases where RealOEM is inaccurate.

I might just reinstall the original screws with a new securing wire... I'm kinda paranoid about the sensor wire popping off.

Comment

do you have an early car? they have different connectors I think, but the sensor wire shouldn't come off.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's a 1990. I will just leave it alone. If the wire comes off, then I'll revisit the install & mock something up to hold the connection in place. Just bummed I wasted $12 on that securing bracket...

Comment

if it's a 1990 it doesn't need that, didn't come with one. the wires should not come off unless the plug is broken.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
            X