Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long till BMW stops making E30 parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till BMW stops making E30 parts?

I love ordering OEM parts online from BMW dealers. They fit exactly as they should, and the quality is as expected.

Any long-time 2002 fans out there that can guestimate about how long after stopping model production BMW pulls the plug on the majority of new parts reproduction? If it's 25 years, for example, then I'm going to stock-up for a few projects I've got planned down the road.

We've already seen a few parts drop out of the production list such as E30 floormats.
    R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
    └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
      Tomorrow
      the day after yesterday
      '91 318is w/ M50B25TU

Comment

I would suggest buying one of everything avail. I can help you with that and assure you this is a wise move.. Whats your Paypal address?? Ill send an invoice
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Classic Blunt without the C&B.

You coming to VintageFest next month?
          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

As long as there is demand, there will be supplies. BTW, BMW probably outsources many of the E30 parts so it would not affect their operations at all.

Comment

If they stopped making the part today it wouldn't be soon enough.

....sez the guy with oodles of shit stockpiled for his own car.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

They won't stop for a while, as long as there is some demand. Just start hoarding parts so your prepared when they do.

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                  As long as there is demand, there will be supplies. BTW, BMW probably outsources many of the E30 parts so it would not affect their operations at all.

This makes sense. I suppose demand for the floormats tanked at some point
                  R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                  └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Besides body panels, there is a maker for pretty much any part we would need for the e30.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      Classic Blunt without the C&B.

You coming to VintageFest next month?
                      Yes dude. Looking forward to it. i was hoping to have the S85 car there but aint gonna happen. Its always a good weekend... even when it pours rain
                      We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                      www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

this isn't true..floormats, mostly everything mtechnik, dashboards (only a few remaining), houndstooth cloth, smileys, etc.

all this shit is in high demand, but they've been discontinued.

us enthusiasts are a very small market for BMW in the grand scheme of things unfortunately. :???:

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                          this isn't true..floormats, mostly everything mtechnik, dashboards (only a few remaining), houndstooth cloth, smileys, etc.

all this shit is in high demand, but they've been discontinued.

us enthusiasts are a very small market for BMW in the grand scheme of things unfortunately. :???:
                          You have to look at things from the manufacturer's point of view. Things that you are mentioned are in high demand for just a few people. For BMW, this demand amounts to nothing and that is why they do not supply them anymore.

Comment

You have to look at things from the manufacturer's point of view. Things that you are mentioned are in high demand for just a few people. For BMW, this demand amounts to nothing and that is why they do not supply them anymore.
                            Not exactly true. What it often means is that BMW can only justify tooling up replacements occasionally. Some parts will never come back, but many others get the occasional production run. Look at M3 front struts, for example. Dashes were completely NLA for a while as well.

NLA is not necessarily permanent. If there's enough demand, BMW will produce parts.
                            2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                            2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                            1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                            1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                            - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                            1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                            1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                            Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Isn't that what he just said...

Comment

Working...
                              X