A little help needed in central VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help needed in central VA

This is a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway. I picked up a '91 325iX a couple weeks ago that needs some work done. I'm somewhat experienced with working on cars (oil changes, diff and tranny flushes, brake/rotor changes, etc) but am now diving into stuff I haven't messed with before, like changing out the shifter linkage, replacing front diff seals (and a couple other seals). I've already done the valve cover seal and am in the process of replacing the timing belt, v-belt, and water pump. I'm a little nervous about doing the shifter linkage and the other seals (I'm honestly not sure which ones I need exactly as it's pretty hard to tell in a couple spots what exactly is leaking).

So what do I need? Someone that's capable with a wrench that's willing to help me out a little. I don't want anyone to do anything for me as I want to learn so next time around I can do it myself, but rather someone to help point out problems and how to actually replace/fix things. I think I'd eventually be ok and figure most of it out on my own, but I'd feel so much better with someone familiar with this stuff that could drastically reduce the time I spent doing repairs. I'd pay you in beer, any sort of computer help you want (building, diagnosing hardware or software problems), or maybe even taking my M4 for a spin. So yeah....thought I'd ask here as none of my friends are really mechanically savvy.

I would have helped, but i just moved to Oakland. Check out the RVA BMW page on facebook and you should be able to find some people.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      I would have helped, but i just moved to Oakland. Check out the RVA BMW page on facebook and you should be able to find some people.
      Got a link? All I've found are BMW riders.

Edit: scratch that, found it.
      Last edited by Deja_Vu; 12-17-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X