No announcement yet.

My turbo 24v alpine coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice build man. Just out of curiousity, what booster/master cylinder are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
      Nice build man. Just out of curiousity, what booster/master cylinder are you running?
      I was running a 24v swap one (e21 I think, or 944, not sure I got it on the white e30 but I was having issues with the brakes locking up) but now im running the full chase bays BBE kit.
      www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

here is my office

IMG_0523 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

I was packing my room and found these 1m floor mats I got on sale like 2 years ago. They are AWESOME. This shifter is also the bees knees. (AKG stage 2)

I also have a nardi woodline waiting to go on so I have a show mode steering wheel and a track mode wheel, both have quick releases on them too.
        www.cp-e.com

Comment

Thats crazy because I also have issues with the brakes locking up. I have an M52 as well and I'm debating going with a boosterless setup and trying to find a larger master cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by dsobering47 View Post
            Thats crazy because I also have issues with the brakes locking up. I have an M52 as well and I'm debating going with a boosterless setup and trying to find a larger master cylinder
            the chase bays setup is really nice. No issues with it, everything is super high quality.

I have to stomp on it pretty hard to actually stop though. After driving it and then getting back in my daily I almost threw myself through the windshield. Im going to try some more aggressive pads and see if it helps, but it is for sure liveable. I can still lock up the tires.

the brakes locking up destroyed my brand new rotors! yay!
            www.cp-e.com

Comment

well, a huge turning point for the build.

I was having an issue where the car would just run like shit at low load because it would be way too lean. I had my VE at idle at like 80. I went back through the tune and the base tune had 0 for the injector offset/opening time. Makes sense that I would be having that issue as the injector opening time is like 1.3ms so if the ECU commanded like 1.2ms, the injector wouldnt even open. After changing that to spec (0.6 ms which is injector opening - injector closing time), and totally redoing the whole VE table, VE at idle is at like 45% and she runs like a dream (almost, lots of fine tuning).

I drove it to get gas for the first time (all other times were filling with a jug) and drove my friend around and he had a blast. I havent really even gone past 10psi yet. The turbo feels like it spools so much faster since I fixed the fueling issues. Hit 10psi at like 3300 (not sure on the gear).Its just so much more responsive.

New Issues:
              -Blower Motor decided to grenade itself.
              -Blower motor resistor is bad (not a big deal but might as well fix it with the blower motor)
              -front rotors are warped as hell from the brakes locking up. I have wholesale on wilwood so its super cheap
              -rubs alot
              -needs an alignment pretty bad
              -catch can setup sucks

at the gas station

IMG_0535 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

right after I got stuck 3 wheeling when I brought it to work and messed up the fender.

IMG_0537 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

In good company

IMG_0538 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_0541 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr
              www.cp-e.com

Comment

Nice build dude. Ive always hated most catch-can setups because they dont restrict the oil/vapor flow enough to let the oil condense out of the air and properly drain.

I run a hose straight from my valve cover to my exhaust, just past the oxygen sensor, with a one-way check valve right at the exhaust connection. Works good and puts oil right into the exhaust to help kill more penguins.

Comment

that fitment is THICC
                  sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

haha. thicc.

I just hate the mishimoto catch can im running right now and the funky AN line setup I have. My company is working on a badass catch can right now that I plan to run in the future and put it in the battery box. Its got a new filter media that works really well and doesnt block flow and also has optional heating via coolant ports.
                    www.cp-e.com

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post
                      haha. thicc.

I just hate the mishimoto catch can im running right now and the funky AN line setup I have. My company is working on a badass catch can right now that I plan to run in the future and put it in the battery box. Its got a new filter media that works really well and doesnt block flow and also has optional heating via coolant ports.
                      in the battery box? wouldn't a catch can that far from the crank just end up getting air while the rest of the oil was busy clogging up the line that runs all the way back to the battery box?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        in the battery box? wouldn't a catch can that far from the crank just end up getting air while the rest of the oil was busy clogging up the line that runs all the way back to the battery box?
                        the area behind the pass side front strut tower. Still think of it as the battery box from when I had verts
                        www.cp-e.com

Comment

I had a feeling, but didn't want to assume.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                            that fitment is THICC
                            yeah holy shoes those are meaty bois
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                              yeah holy shoes those are meaty bois

need to get some rear upskirt action shots for you guys. 16x10 245 ftw!

She might be coming down to SC this week. Crossing my fingers. it REALLY sucked finally driving it around and then having to leave it in Maryland (im in SC now)
                              www.cp-e.com

Comment

She made it to south carolina

The car is FINALLY in south carolina with me.

IMG_0561 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_0560 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

IMG_0563 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

After unloading it yesterday I did some doughnuts in the parking lot and brought it into the shop. I am attempting to make it road worthy tonight and maybe tomorrow after work which includes:

-upload recent tune changes
                                -fix the front drivers fender a little bit (it folded in)
                                -aim headlights
                                -fix wobbly fuse for windows
                                -get all lights working (done! missing the fuse for the passengers side rear lights)
                                -Fix front lip
                                -clean inside of windows

Things that need attention:
                                -still leaking oil from vanos because the threads in the head are messed up
                                - rear tires rub pretty bad, more rolling
                                - detail and polish
                                - blower motor and resistor
                                -new roundels
                                -Wire steering wheel for horn
                                -paint kidneys and trim black
                                -install fender trim
                                www.cp-e.com

Comment

Working...