No announcement yet.

E30 m3 ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I kind of took a step backwards this week. After futher inspection of the interior of my car, more rust was found. So the decision was made to get the whole body media blasted and a baked on primer applied. This thing just turned into a complete resto-mod.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
      I would use the massive boosterless setup, the hydro boost/linkage setup looks like shit and takes up a lot of room.
      So what do you know about brake boosters?? No booster means a lot of pedal pressure; the flimsy seatback mechanism can't take it for very long.
      E30-LS1 aka. 357is
      email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
      E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
      E30LS1@gmail.com
      e30ls1.com

Comment

No booster does not necessarily mean stiff pedal if the pedal ratio is good and correct mc is used though...aka tilton/wilwood configs.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nice. Subscribed.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
            So what do you know about brake boosters?? No booster means a lot of pedal pressure; the flimsy seatback mechanism can't take it for very long.
            not entirely true.

provided the pedal lever ratio is 6.25:1, the pedal feels like a 25mm master on a boostered 4:1 ratio pedal.

boostered pedals keep a 4:1 lever ratio.
            boosterless pedals should have a 6.25:1 lever ratio.
            i have not used the "massive" unit, but i have used his products and they are top notch. i would also assume it uses a 6.25:1 ratio.

for reference:
            owned 15+ e30's, a few converted (m50, m50tu, s52, s50b32, s54 .... now ls2)
            built, daily driven, tracked and logged over 50k miles. used multiple brake system combinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
              not entirely true.

provided the pedal lever ratio is 6.25:1, the pedal feels like a 25mm master on a boostered 4:1 ratio pedal.

i have not used the "massive" unit, but i have used his products and they are top notch. i would also assume it uses a 6.25:1 ratio.

for reference:
              built, daily driven, tracked and logged over 50k miles. used multiple brake system combinations.
              Does retaining the ABS change this in any way?

Comment

very nice! I approve. This thing is going to be a beast!
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
                  not entirely true.

for reference:
                  Thanks, exactly what I meant above :)
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Christmas in June!

Bilstein Sports
                    H&R Race Springs
                    Stainless Brake Lines
                    Control Arms
                    S/T Sway Bars
                    Front/Rear Sway Bar Links
                    Tie Rods
                    Strut/Shock Mounting Kits
                    Rubber Strut Mounts
                    (4) Brake Caliper Rebuild Kits
                    Subframe Bushing (OEM)
                    Rear Trailing Arm Bushings (OEM)
                    Front Control Arm Bushings (OEM)

Still Waiting for:
                    Z3 Steering Rack
                    LS1 Kit

Comment

Nice. I'm assuming that you've seen the LS3 that Kevin Byrd put in his M3 on Two Guys Garage. I bought the s14 out of this car off of him a few months ago.

Comment

Ive seen the previews but I cannot find the full episodes anywhere. :-(

Comment

is there a link where we can get details of that build?

Comment

looking forward to seeing the build thread. this thing is a beast! it was nice meeting you. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by airkhin View Post
                              looking forward to seeing the build thread. this thing is a beast! it was nice meeting you. ;)
                              Nice meeting you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BillBrasky View Post
                                Nice. I'm assuming that you've seen the LS3 that Kevin Byrd put in his M3 on Two Guys Garage. I bought the s14 out of this car off of him a few months ago.

I saw one episode with this m3 in it. I must see more!
                                E30 buildy things
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Working...
                                X