• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a different? approach to fuel starvation

Starting with an extra tank that i have laying around,

used some of the removed metal

to block the opening to the passenger side part of the tank

and welded the tank up (well, actually used silicon bronze)

not shown is that I chopped out the siphon venturi and connected the return line straight to the passenger tank.

Haven't installed it yet, so I don't know how it will work.
    Richard

I've thought about doing this, but putting a few holes in the divider so that the fuel can still fill the driver's half of the tank but would find it harder to slosh suddenly to the other side. Same idea as an oil pan baffle.
    sigpicLevel Motorsport: www.levelmotorsport.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/levelmotorsport/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeVelIndustries/?fref=ts

Comment

...I think that may leak... get it hotter! (and add some more flux.)

although, likewise, I've thought that an 'almost sealed baffle' would add a couple of gallons to the
      'track- available' fuel... It would make filling up a bit harder, but SEEMS like it'd help a bit.

There was chatter a while back about an early tank that didn't have the saddle- just sat
      on the passenger side. That could be cool. I've never seen one...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

There is an early tank that has two halves connected by a pipe rather than the saddle - similar to the e21 tank (which is actually two tanks).

My Dad's e30 is like that + it has the Alpina extended range tank in the boot. I can't imagine there would be much sloshing around in that tank, but it is painful to fill up at the bowser & has to be filled slowly.
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Our 316 had the weird early tank. But it didn't have provisions for an in tank fuel pump. Crazy small tank..
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

There is an early tank that has two halves connected by a pipe rather than the saddle
            Yeah, early cars had that- I use it on the race car, and it's... poo.
            Well, not poo, I just get to carry about 5 gallons of liquid ballast.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
            X