No announcement yet.

Alternative to Wilwood BP-20 pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking on wilwoods site at the temperature curves and torque values, what about the J compound? it looks pretty good and WAY better than bp-20 curves.

Actually, I dont think the J compound is available for this caliper..

G.Verelli

Comment

Lee, what Wilwood compound would be equivalent to the HT10's? For example having HT10's in the rear and H compounds in the front?

G.Verelli

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
        Lee, what Wilwood compound would be equivalent to the HT10's? For example having HT10's in the rear and H compounds in the front?
        r u running an m20?....if you are, you are overthinking the rears IMO. Use HT 10 up frt....and any hi po rears....HP plus...Mintex (1144) I think..... carbo tech...etc.....
        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
          r u running an m20?....if you are, you are overthinking the rears IMO. Use HT 10 up frt....and any hi po rears....HP plus...Mintex (1144) I think..... carbo tech...etc.....

Ya I have an m20. My current pads are BP-20's up front, and Hps rear. I am looking for a setup with much more bite. Pretty much in the same situation as the OP. I would like to stay with Wilwood pads for the front kit..

G.Verelli

Comment

I run the H compound in the front and HP+'s in the rear, the balance of the car was very neutral under braking. This is with all the tar out of the trunk so the car had a 3.5% front weight bias.
            sigpic
            '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

stock m20, go ht-10s all around or better pfc06 all around. if you want to dial in a little bit more rear bias, use pfc01 rear with pfc06 fronts.
              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
              '91 SpecE30 #523
              '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Originally posted by kishg View Post
                stock m20, go ht-10s all around or better pfc06 all around. if you want to dial in a little bit more rear bias, use pfc01 rear with pfc06 fronts.

Are your refering to having all stock size brakes? Or, with the Massive street kit?

G.Verelli

Comment

w/ more rear bias, car will rotate a bit easier?.....

did you notice that?...

stock m20?....hehehe...sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyVT View Post
                    I run the H compound in the front and HP+'s in the rear, the balance of the car was very neutral under braking. This is with all the tar out of the trunk so the car had a 3.5% front weight bias.

I was thinking of putting the H comps up front and the HT10's in the rear, I just want to know if this will be okay for track use. Ill be honest, right now it feels as if the rear are doing nothing. Both are rebuilt functioning 100% with HPS on them.

G.Verelli

Comment

Originally posted by gverelli View Post
                      Are your refering to having all stock size brakes? Or, with the Massive street kit?
                      should have clarified, i meant with stock brakes, stock m20.
                      '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                      '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

w/ more rear bias, car will rotate a bit easier?.....

did you notice that?...

stock m20?....hehehe...sure.
                        yes it does rotate easier. not sure it makes a huge difference in an HPDE. hey, you accusing me of cheatin mister? :)
                        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                        '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

A car that is more stiffly suspended will experience less weight transfer. Therefore as a general rule, it can take more rear bias than a stock car. The weight of the engine will have incidence on the pressure the front wheel will apply on the asphalt, and will affect the required bias for optimal braking. Also, tight tracks will require more rear bias to allow the back end to help steering. Fast tracks with long sweepers require less rear brake.
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

yes it does rotate easier. not sure it makes a huge difference in an HPDE. hey, you accusing me of cheatin mister? :)
                            I dont know.......are you saying HPDEs is not racing?.........lol

Comment

I dont know.......are you saying HPDEs is not racing?.........lol
                              naw, that's practice :)
                              '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                              '91 SpecE30 #523

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Also, I would still keep my bp-20s for street driving, but will the rotors be okay to be swapping back and forth H compounds then bp-20s before and after track days?

G.Verelli

Comment

Working...
                                X