This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale or Trade - Billy Boat exhast for E30 325is

SO after ~25 years or so my Supersprint exhaust finally rusted out, and I took the opportunity to buy and install one of my favorite sounding exhaust - a Stainless B&B ...

It turns out that it's a bit louder than I would have liked. I love the sound, but just not the volume. I was hoping for a "7" on the volume scale, but this thing goes to "10". Apparently I'm getting old because I don't have the patience for an exhaust that goes to "10".

I'm looking to trade or sell. I would ideally like to trade for a similar quality stainless exhaust that isn't as loud, but have no idea what that would be?

My B&B was installed last week and has only a few miles on it. I paid $878 and would be willing to sell it for $775, but would prefer to trade?

Pics of exhaust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

Wow I find that the Billy Boat with stock headers/cat is perfect. Quiet when just cruising and opens up nicely at Wot! I'm older too and don't like it too loud. Obviously everyone has their preference. Anyway glws on a fantastic sounding exhaust

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pictures of items for sale are required per forum rules. Please post some. Thanks in advance.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Interested. Is your loud with or without a cat?

Comment

Does it drone in around 2-3k?
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

this is my favorite exhaust on an E30.
              www.instagram.com/snwmble
              #snwmble

Current:
              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I'll post some pics but imagine a one week old B&B stainless exhaust bolted onto a silver '90 325is if you need a mental image ... (seriously?)

Yes - the droning sound <3k is loud, but I otherwise love the burbling and gurgling sounds!

Hmm, maybe the new Cat is more to blame than the exhaust for the volume? I put on a Magnaflow CAT from Bav Auto. I noticed it was significantly 'smaller' than the original stock Cat which I can only guess contributes to the volume.

Maybe i need to be searching for a new Cat!?

Comment

Originally posted by Woody325iS View Post
                  I'll post some pics but imagine a one week old B&B stainless exhaust bolted onto a silver '90 325is if you need a mental image ... (seriously?)
                  You just joined the forum, posted for sale post as your first post, no pictures. A lot of forums have minimum post count before you are allowed to sell, do not know why this forum doesn't. Everyone knows how BB exhaust looks like, no one knows if you actually got one or if you are legit.

Yes, google has a lot of pictures. Post your exhaust picture next to $5 bill or GTFO.

Comment

Thanks Zaq. Maybe try a lower dose of testosterone there.

Yes, I just joined the forum after such a lengthy lapse of time that my old credentials no longer worked. I've been hibernating for a while along with my E30 so thanks for the refresher on the direct nature of the interwebs and it's custodians such as yourself.

My apologies for seemingly just barging in and only being about selling a B&B exhaust. I should have elaborated a little more in that I don't actually know if I want to sell it or not, and was really more interested in learning options and opinions from the E30 masses. If it turned out that what I wanted was "x" rather than what I had bought I'd then like to sell it - of course following all due process.

So what I've learned so far is that perhaps my after-market Cat is more likely to blame for the excessive volume than just the exhaust alone.

I'd very much, with your permission of course, like to ask the collective their opinions on whether I need a stock ($) Cat to achieve the elusive sound (less volume) I seek or if their experience is that it doesn't really affect the volume much.

Again, I love the sound of the B&B so much so that I distinctly remembered it after so many years in hibernation, which is why I bought it. However, the volume was a bit more than I was hoping for. I noticed the replacement Cat was about 1/3 the size of the stock Cat, and about 1/3 the price too. I have to imagine it affects the volume as much if not more than the muffler, no?

Anyway, thanks in advance for your input.

Comment

I would lean towards it being your Cat, I just bought a 325 vert that has a new Cat on it and the PO mentioned it has a drone to it. Mercy the car has a painful drone at 3k+. I guess I am getting older too cause its gonna eventually have to be replaced to fix that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Pics are required per forum rules. Please post some so we don't have to remove the thread.

A couple of ways are outlined here:
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Woody325iS View Post

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            Pics are required per forum rules. Please post some so we don't have to remove the thread.

Thanks. Please delete the thread if you feel necessary as i don't have the time at the moment to open a flikr account so that I can upload the photo of my exhaust that i'm not sure i'm really selling ... haha!

I'll dig into this topic some more and start another more appropriate general thread if necessary, but it seems my volume issue may be more due to the Cat than the B&B.

Comment

try a stromung exhaust...

There nice with good tone, and good sound during acceleration.
                              Maybe someone will trade
                              1988 325 non-letter Seta "Bronzit"
                              1991 325ic "Laguna Green" (Sold)
                              1993 325i "Laguna Green/Silver" (Sold)
                              1998 528i "Artic Silver" m-sport(totalled by drunk driver)
                              2000 528i Titansilber/gray m-sport
                              2000 528i Titansilber/black m-sport(sold)
                              2001 525i Anthracite m-sport(sold)
                              2013 750i Black/Black m-sport "Beast"

Comment

Working...
                              X