No announcement yet.

Melon's E30 Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice I did the same thing. Originally I had black grills but decided to go back classic.

Love your progress, car looks great.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
      Looking good man, love seeing the progress

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      this things coming along quite nicely

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      Nice I did the same thing. Originally I had black grills but decided to go back classic.

Love your progress, car looks great.
      Thanks!
      I do things.

Comment

Chrome kidneys look good. Keep the updates coming
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Also;

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
            Chrome kidneys look good. Keep the updates coming
            Thanks, I prefer them to the black. Goes well with the Euro bumpers.
            I do things.

Comment

Going to have to come down to Baton Rouge and check this out one weekend in the near future! Looks great.
              Continuous For Sale Thread
              323i s50

Comment

:early:

Comment

Ok...

First of all, you win! This has to be one of the most thorough and conscientious builds I've ever seen on any forum.

I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this thread. Gotta get on here more often to prevent missing out. I just spent the last hour reading through all the postings and I have to say...you, Sir, must not require a lot of sleep! LOL!

The only subject I didn't see broached was the total money and time invested in your project? @2mAn hints at it when he mentions you'll have what you want the way you want it and "you can't put a value on that". I whole-heartedly agree! Besides, if you're not ever planning on selling it (which I suspect you're not), what difference does it matter the cost to drive your dream car?

So, if it isn't a closely guarded secret, do you have any idea what your total investment is in this gem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Super job so far. Well thought out & detailed. I’m impressed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
                      Ok...

First of all, you win! This has to be one of the most thorough and conscientious builds I've ever seen on any forum.

I can't believe I'm only just now seeing this thread. Gotta get on here more often to prevent missing out. I just spent the last hour reading through all the postings and I have to say...you, Sir, must not require a lot of sleep! LOL!
                      Thanks man! That means a lot.
                      I spend a lot of time slaving over the details, and working all day fighting one thing. Those days are the worst, super frustrating.

Originally posted by Uber///m3 View Post
                      Ok...
                      The only subject I didn't see broached was the total money and time invested in your project? @2mAn hints at it when he mentions you'll have what you want the way you want it and "you can't put a value on that". I whole-heartedly agree! Besides, if you're not ever planning on selling it (which I suspect you're not), what difference does it matter the cost to drive your dream car?

So, if it isn't a closely guarded secret, do you have any idea what your total investment is in this gem?
                      I have all my email receipts saved, as well as trips to the hardware store for various bolts and items.

I have not added it all up on purpose.

Wild guess, I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of $20,000.00 all said and done.
                      But, that's with tool purchases, and my paint fiasco cost me at least $2,500.00. So, out of that $20g about 1/4 is tools + and education. I've never done anything like this, and I may not again, but I had the money, time, and willingness, and I'm damn glad I decided to take the shot. I'm 34, and not getting any younger.

I will say this, I do love this type of work, making old things new again is a great joy I've found.
                      I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 88M3racer View Post
                        Super job so far. Well thought out & detailed. I’m impressed!!
                        Thanks!
                        I do things.

Comment

Also, shout-out to my girlfriend, for being understanding of my passions.

She always tells me; "Keep doing this as long as it brings you joy."
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                            Thanks man! That means a lot.
                            I spend a lot of time slaving over the details, and working all day fighting one thing. Those days are the worst, super frustrating.

I have all my email receipts saved, as well as trips to the hardware store for various bolts and items.

I have not added it all up on purpose.

Wild guess, I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of $20,000.00 all said and done.
                            But, that's with tool purchases, and my paint fiasco cost me at least $2,500.00. So, out of that $20g about 1/4 is tools + and education. I've never done anything like this, and I may not again, but I had the money, time, and willingness, and I'm damn glad I decided to take the shot. I'm 34, and not getting any younger.

I will say this, I do love this type of work, making old things new again is a great joy I've found.

That takes into account the parts, but I'll wager the labor (of love) has got to be somewhere in the vicinity of 200+ hours...which is (obviously) where you've saved the most money (and learned the most in the meantime). Even at (only) $100/hour, that's another $20 grand, but what a result!

My hat is off to you, Sir...you've set an example for many to follow from this day forward!

Comment

Gauge Cluster came in!

Work done by Bavarian Restoration.

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                Gauge Cluster came in!

Work done by Bavarian Restoration.

Be sure to mark the mileage and file it with the rest of your paperwork (unless you can adjust it).

Comment

Working...
                                X