Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*windshield wiper motor nightmare*

people,
    i bought an 85 e30 325e coupe. it's in pretty good shape and moves down the road. first thing is to fix the windshield wipers.
    here is what i know.
    the motor works. the arms and all the other stuff related is there. what is not working is the the bar that moves the arms that is connected to the motors transmission falls off after i "connect" it and it goes through a cycle.

can anyone tell me how to re-connect this arm properly? i cant seem to find anything with enough detail.

i am looking forward to the timing belt job next. it should be a breeze compared to this.

any help is appreciated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

you have to replace it. if the arm is popping off, then the bushing is probably worn out.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      you have to replace it. if the arm is popping off, then the bushing is probably worn out.
      i am planning to order all the little parts associated with attaching that arm including the bushing. i am assuming that is what gets replaced.

if the bushing is new, will that arm pop on and stay put?

thanks man.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      '90 325i sedan daily driven
      '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Maybe.

On mine, the linkage was so worn out that the new arm didn't last long. I ended up replacing the entire linkage - which IMO wasn't bad at all. I removed the intake manifold which gave me tons of room. R&Ring the wiper linkage took about an hour by itself.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
        X