RX7 caliper and bracket Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7 Konig Lightning et40
    20mm spacer (could get away with 18 though)
    No grinding of caliper required

Comment

What all do you need to make the rx7 calipers work and what rotors? I'm looking into wheels as well but I'm thinking it seems that the offsets would help with the clearance.thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by spd_dvl View Post
        What all do you need to make the rx7 calipers work and what rotors? I'm looking into wheels as well but I'm thinking it seems that the offsets would help with the clearance.thanks for any help.
        The rotors you use are from a G60 (4-cyl) VW Corrado with the center bore opened up 1mm. You also need adapter brackets to mount the caliper to the knuckle and a fitting to convert the mazda inverted flare to the BMW bubble flare.

The Rx7 calipers are really wide, so you need a wheel with enough clearance on the backside of the spokes. That's what this thread is for!

Comment

quick quesiton, I have some et10 borbet Bs that will not clear my stock calipers(by like 3mm) up front-

how much more room do the rx7 calipers require compared to the stock set up? I need to order spacers but I am not sure how big of a spacer I need....

Comment

Good thread. So with 15x7 et 24 euroweaves I'd need a 3-5mm spacer? with the caliper ground down? Doesn't seem too bad.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

bump :)

Comment

Originally posted by charlescho View Post
                quick quesiton, I have some et10 borbet Bs that will not clear my stock calipers(by like 3mm) up front-

how much more room do the rx7 calipers require compared to the stock set up? I need to order spacers but I am not sure how big of a spacer I need....
                Those are some sweet wheels, but i don't see them fitting your car at all. 16x9 et10 is already poking out of your fender. You'll probably need 20mm spacers to clear the calipers which puts them WAY out of the fenders. Let us know if you get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                  Those are some sweet wheels, but i don't see them fitting your car at all. 16x9 et10 is already poking out of your fender. You'll probably need 20mm spacers to clear the calipers which puts them WAY out of the fenders. Let us know if you get it to work.
                  +1 I would never even think of putting my type As on my car that has the BBK. Those wheels dont even fit with the stock caliper without spacers and the Mazda caliper is much thicker.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Maybe find a pair of 16x7.5 and run a staggered setup?

Comment

This thread rocks. I will die happy knowing I contributed goodness to the E30 community.

Comment

I just got a set of 16x9 et15,3inch lip baby lol, and looks like I need to run some big spacers. Looking around 25mm. Going to mount 'test' tires and remeasure.

I guess anyone looking to run wheels with some lip should get them in negative offsets.
                        -Frank
                        1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
                        1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
                        2001 525i

Comment

Originally posted by E30_pilot View Post
                          I just got a set of 16x9 et15,3inch lip baby lol, and looks like I need to run some big spacers. Looking around 25mm. Going to mount 'test' tires and remeasure.

I guess anyone looking to run wheels with some lip should get them in negative offsets.
                          Most deep dished wheels were designed with aesthetics as the #1 priority. Unfortunately, brake clearance was the least of their worries.

Let us know if you get them to fit and post pics!

Comment

I just bought an E30 and it came with the Corrado rotors and Rx7 calipers and brackets. I just need to install them.

My friend who I bought the car from said I should replace the master cylinder and the booster with one from an E32, because the E30 one probably isn't sufficient enough to drive this big brake kit.

For those of you who have installed it, is this true? Or am I fine with the E30 master and booster? thanks!
                            Team Hybrids

Comment

Originally posted by darrenforeal View Post
                              I just bought an E30 and it came with the Corrado rotors and Rx7 calipers and brackets. I just need to install them.

My friend who I bought the car from said I should replace the master cylinder and the booster with one from an E32, because the E30 one probably isn't sufficient enough to drive this big brake kit.

For those of you who have installed it, is this true? Or am I fine with the E30 master and booster? thanks!
                              That's a total myth. The total piston area of the RX7 caliper is almost identical to the E30 caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                                That's a total myth. The total piston area of the RX7 caliper is almost identical to the E30 caliper.
                                cool! thanks for the info. Just to clarify then, I will be ok with the OE E30 325 booster and master then? And I won't have to go find an E21 booster and all that nonsense?
                                Team Hybrids

Comment

Working...
                                X