No announcement yet.

1984 318i Minimum wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhhh... throw it (m10)away and put an m20 in there?

You can't get any good low end out of a 8v 1.8L , the money you'll spend on it can be used to get a 2.5 or 2.7 and it's already a HUGE upgrade.
    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Wow...even if that was an e30 M3 Sport Evo with that much rust I'd be hard pressed to racing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Uhhh... throw it (m10)away and put an m20 in there?

You can't get any good low end out of a 8v 1.8L , the money you'll spend on it can be used to get a 2.5 or 2.7 and it's already a HUGE upgrade.
        I am guessing it is probably 4 cylinder roundy-round dirt track class.

Looks like way too much work to get that thing safe, but, hey, more power to you.

Have fun.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

It is a 4cyl roundy race. 2.5 L max engine size. and the cars weight is directly related to how many CC your engine has.

it is a lot of work to make it safe, but I dont want to go the route of running a 2.3 Mustang, everyone else does already.

Any other car would have to have all this work done to stiffen the car up anyway, the rusted out floor actually makes it easier to put the connectors in and to fasten those to the base of the cage.

Any other throttle bodies will easily bolt up to replace the current one? and still look stock enough to pass tech inspection?

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
          Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Holy shit.

If I was on track with you I would be getting the fuck off.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
            RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Meth is a hell of a drug.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

just wait till you see the final pics of the car when it gets a lil farther and the work we can do with it. With it being a DIRT track, you know people are gonna be rubbin, so its not a matter of keeping the seats lookin fine and the sound system rockin when i drive it home from the track. If anything WAS original on the car, give it two years on the track and It would have to be replaced just from normal wear and tear.

and its not meth, I just do ADRENELINE!!!!! Thats why I race dirt and volunter as a firefighter.

We raced in January in the snow outside Niagara falls. You would have wanted to get off the track, before the car overheated, I had all of the 61 starters except for the top three put a lap down (i was leading at that point)

Comment

Is it that hard to get a cleaner (read more solid) shell in Canada though? I mean I understand not needing a dash/seats/interior...but basically you are having to go over EVERY area in the car to make it solid due to all the rust? You got a lot of areas everywhere that will just collapse under any pressure...and the only solid part(s) is your cage etc...
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

it is hard.I havent seen one. no wreckers have anything that old in Southern Ontario. I will have some nice rebuild pics by Friday, gonna spend another week in the shop (depending how slow work is)

Any other car I would have to get would need this unless the car was 2005 or newer.

Comment

2.0 – ENGINES
                       2.1 - Three (3) or Four (4) cylinder engines only, must be stock for make, model and
                      year.
                       2.2 - Track Management has the right to make a weight rule to equal out the
                      competition.
                       2.3 - Engines no larger than 2.5 liter (2500 cc.)
                       2.4 – 16 valve engines allowed single cams only. 250 lbs. added to minimum weight.
                       2.5 - No V-Tec or variable valve timing.
                       2.6 - No dual cams.
                       2.7 - No Rotary.
                       2.8 - 2 spark plugs per cylinder allowed.
                       2.9 - No performance or truck parts of any kind allowed.
                       2.10 - No engine modifications to enhance performance are allowed.
                       2.11 - No porting or polishing allowed.
                       2.12 - Valve size must be stock for that engine.
                       2.13 – Milling of head allowed. Must not exceed 190 psi compression.
                       2.14 - Maximum 0.040 overbore.
                       2.15 – 8 and 12 valve camshaft must have stock lift any duration. 2.3 Ford OHC
                      maximum .2437 lobe lift .400 valve lift. Valve springs can be higher pressure. Multi
                      index timing gears or adjustable sprockets are allowed on 8 and 12 valve
                      engines only.
                       2.16 – 16 valve engines must have stock or stock replacement camshaft only. Lift
                      and duration must be stock. Valve springs must be stock.
                       2.17 - Cranking compression must not exceed 190 lbs on any cylinder .No
                      exceptions.
                       2.18 - No after market or performance ignitions allowed. Must remain stock.
                       2.19 - No mass air modifications. Must remain stock.
                       2.20 - No intake modifications. Must remain stock.
                       2.21 - Engine size must be placed on the hood in CC or CID.
                       2.22 - Must remain stock stroke.
                       2.23 - Stock connecting rods and rod caps. No grinding or polishing.

Comment

Just let that thing die man. Let that poor chassis have some dignity.
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Just let that thing die man. Let that poor chassis have some dignity.
                          revived!

Dignity in the form of winning a heat in the first year out?? CHECKMARK

Comment

 2.13 – Milling of head allowed. Must not exceed 190 psi compression.
                             2.14 - Maximum 0.040 overbore.
                             2.15 – 8 and 12 valve camshaft must have stock lift any duration
                            since you bumped it, I'm going to giggle at those 'engine rules'-
                            so you can run effectively unlimited compression and extend the duration of the cam
                            (which you'd want to do anyway)
                            and still be legal.

Glad you're out there and having fun!

t
                            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

yeah, other then there is a pump gas restriction no additives. wich gives me a 94 octane maximum. I cant use high octance race fuel for high compression.

Comment

Working...
                              X