No announcement yet.

Rear Suspension Set-up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah sure am. or not. probably some tramonts 3-piece 16x9/16x10. yall can hate on that too im sure. thanks for the kind words.

Comment

Yo you packin' the heat son?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Anyone remember this fag? He got laughed off the forums a long time ago, but those older members might remember him.

He had bags on his cabrio, among many other distasteful things.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

dang that shits hott!!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

well my car will have nice wheels, stock 89 bumpers, brand new paint, but nothing shaved or anything like that garbage. it will be more euro-styled, but i like to think tastefully. im not getting bags to lay frame, im getting them so i dont have to worry about screwing up the paint or bumpers around tallahassee cuz the roads and driveways suck really bad down here.

Comment

no lay frame no care
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by euro gangsta
                well my car will have stock 89 bumpers, im not getting bags to lay frame, im getting them so i dont have to worry about screwing up the bumpers around tallahassee cuz the roads and driveways suck really bad down here.
                Dude no e30 in history has been low enough to worry about the bumpers.

Comment

Mine is dropped quite a bit and is very easy to drive in all sorts of conditions. Unless you're off roading it, you'll be fine with normal suspension.

I wouldn't do airbags because of the huge increase in sprung and unsprung weight, the lack of ability to really play with spring rate, and the complexity of the system. How much does it cost? I'm guessing that with parts and labor cost of an airbag system, you could afford a proper setup that provides both a custom drop and good handling.

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer
                    I hope you don't plan on going around any corners w/ a airbag suspension s50 powered e30.
                    Bags without shocks are terrible for cornering. With shocks and properly set up its not that bad. But no match for a proper spring setup. But with an s50 and in an e30 car will probably get r3ved.

Originally posted by Jordan
                    Anyone remember this fag? He got laughed off the forums a long time ago, but those older members might remember him.

Lays like shit. Ass heavy not even that low. Gross, not to mention the gils, rims and dtm shitter.

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
                    no lay frame no care
                    Bingo.

Frame or home.

Originally posted by ilia
                    I wouldn't do airbags because of the huge increase in sprung and unsprung weight, the lack of ability to really play with spring rate, and the complexity of the system.
                    Not that complicated. If I understand it you can. Compressors are loud though. And heavy.

Sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth :(

My fast says: traction control is for the faint of heart :evil:

Comment

so andre's e30 wasnt low enough to scrape the bumpers on steep driveways? i find that hard to believe, but then again, yall know more than me. the cost of the airbags will be really cheap because my buddy would be doing it for me, so it would be cheaper than the cost of a good spring set-up. i wasnt planning on getting a huge compressor or a loud one, so that would probably be the most expensive part. if i dont do airbags then ill get some KW v2's most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by euro gangsta
                          so andre's e30 wasnt low enough to scrape the bumpers on steep driveways?
                          I can tell you with certainty that Andre never scraped his bumper on the ground anywhere that car went.

My car is as low / lower then Andre's was. For the record, Andre's car wasn't ever REALLY low. He just ran grossly underside stretched tires.

Comment

For what its worth stock tire size is 195/65R14. It has a overall hieght of 24in.

Andre was running 215/40R16 on a 16x9. On a 16x7 wheel, 215/40R16 is 22.8in tall. Stretched onto a 16x9 wheel... I'd say 20.8-21in tall.

His wheel/tire combo was at bare minimum, 2 full inches undersize. This is why his car was so "low"

Comment

That cabrio had bags? I've seen e30's with hydraulics, but never a bag setup.

If this was a car with a frame, then I'd say go for it and lay frame. Unibody? Uhh yeah lay that out.

Nitrogen > Loudass compressors.

Oh yeah, and your lip/valence/muffler/cat/frame rails/sideskirts/rear apron/steering rack/ball joints/fuel tank/spare tire will all scrape the ground far before your bumper.

Comment

well i meant lip when i said bumper. im not worried about scraping my bumper of course because the lip is underneath that. well we will see what price the guy gives me. also... jordan, thanks for the info on andre's car, i didnt realize he was running such small tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X