Any Boaters on R3V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Boaters on R3V?

Hey everyone, just wondering if there are any boat enthusiats on here, I grew up on the water Slalom skiing, Wakeboarding, Kneeboarding,Tubing and general cruising on the water, I currently have 2 boats a 1959 Glasspar G3 I plan on restoring and a 1983 Baja 16ss with a 85hp Johnson/Evinrude V4 on a Jack plate. Just painted the top half last weekend, alpine white ran it on the water that sunday topped out at 45mph. wake is non existent perfect for for skiing, trim tabs, carbon fiber reeds and some 115hp carbs and spacers on the way. Dream boat is a Ski centurion Falcon but this will do for now.
    Whats your set up? Pics please
    Attached Files

Different kinds of boats ;)

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I love boats, but not power boats.

Baja looks nice though.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by JinormusJ
      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

My parents have a 21ft sea ray that I take out regularly. Great little boat for putting around the south shore of long island. Has a small v8. The boat I currently work has two V16 2stk EMD345 making about 2000hp. Another boat i was on had dual 32.2L inline 9s making 6000 horsepower. Was also on a 12,000hp steam ship but thats a totally differnt animal

The Build:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

My Father's boat. Used mainly for diving and fishing charters. Slow, but it can haul a lot of people and gear. Gets the job done. I think it has a Mercruiser in it... forget the HP numbers. but it has a ton of hours, though rebuilt by my father about a year ago. Loud BEAST lol

Here's my cousin's boat who keep it at our house for the summer. this pic was taken during a hurricane induced flood.... which rose the water level a few feet above the bulkheading. The boat is from the 70's. still runs like a champ after a bit of work.

Comment

Sailboats, but power boats are fun for about 5 minutes.

Comment

boater reporting in. i mainly go to the lake to wakeboard and party with hot chicks. got to see a few apaches flying through canyons this morning...

shitty iphone pics from this morning -

91 m3

Comment

Former boater (parents were the boat owners) - I grew up on boats in the Sacramento/San Joaquin delta. Haven't been boating in years since my mom passed. Owning a boat of my own is on the bucket list though. Here's a photo of the last boat my parents owned before bowing out of the activity (not actual boat).....

Bayliner 38 Motoryacht. Twin diesels, 2 staterooms, 2 heads, generator, ice maker, A/C, ~20 knots top end. Good times

[img][/img]
                Rides...
                1991 325i - sold :(
                2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Sometimes i go boating

Last edited by Kvasi; 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I been known to motorboat

Comment

You could say I do a little boating.

Comment

Bust
                        Out
                        Another
                        Thousand

Comment

just went out and bought a little 14' fiberglass for the 1969 25hp evinrude that my dad bought brand new. hasen't been in the water in 25 or 30 yrs. minor tune up, impeller, coil, and a carb rebuild and she fired on the 4th pull. man that 25 really gets up and goes.
                          sigpic

Comment

2 best days in a boat owners life the day you buy it and the day you sell the fucking thing
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

My family has a jet ski.. very fun. I want to megasquirt it >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X