Clear All

Some Texas Flying Legends action.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

i saw a mitchel flying around the south east houston area last weekend. i wonder if it was that one?
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        i saw a mitchel flying around the south east houston area last weekend. i wonder if it was that one?
        It was in Houston Oct 20-22 for a show. Its quite possible. If you ever get a chance to see the Texas Flying Legends put on a show, its a good show.

Will
        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I get to see the south texas air shows every time they are in corpus, the whole week they are practicing and flying, because I work on nascc and live about .5 mile off base.

if you guys ever come to the air shows down here, I am almost always at them on one of the days but its easy to show up because the ones in corpus, I ride my bicycle to, and the ones in Kingsville are only 30ish minutes away.

Comment

Easy to deduce from the amount that are airworthy that yeah this was the one.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

One of the larger drones flew over the house today. It flew very low and i wish i had been ready because it had two pods under the right wing and nothing under the left, which is very odd. I used to see those a bunch but since we (where i work) dont work on them anymore, i dont see them up close.
              Last edited by superj; 11-03-2017, 04:00 AM.

Comment

A cool video clip of the Texas Flying Legends guys at Reno.

This video is about TFL goes racing

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Some great pictures above. I love the heat scorching on the polished alum. In some of the shots earlier it looks like you're actually above the planes - did you go up on a hill next to the race course?

So, what do you flyers out there think of this Icon A5 that just killed the baseball player? Serious plane, or too much of a toy flown by inexperienced pilots?

Comment

Roy Haloday flying into the gulf like a lunatic.
                      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        Some great pictures above. I love the heat scorching on the polished alum. In some of the shots earlier it looks like you're actually above the planes - did you go up on a hill next to the race course?

So, what do you flyers out there think of this Icon A5 that just killed the baseball player? Serious plane, or too much of a toy flown by inexperienced pilots?
                        i had never heard of this airplane before the incident in question. i do have to say that it looks really sweet though.

apparently, witnesses say he was "showboating" or whatever that means.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

One of the places I shoot from at Reno is on a hillside to the east side of the course. Yes, I'm above the planes shooting down (thank you 500mm lens) This year at Reno, I shot from just about every possible location. It was a TON of work to cover that much area. This was the first year I got home totally exhausted and had a hard time staying awake at work the following day.

Will
                          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Yeah, looking down through the canopy is pretty cool.

Comment

This is a hillside shot.

Pylon shot

Also a pylon shot.

From the Pits as they come off pylon 8 into the front straight.

Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

^^ nice - it's like being up in the air with them.

RE: ICON A5.... I read it's "like learning how to drive a car," which as a non-flyer really concerns me.

The Associated Press reached out to Stephen Pope, the editor-in-chief of Flying Magazine, who suggests the intended low-altitude flying for the ICON A5 is a potentially critical issue. Here’s more from the report:

Pope said “the plane itself is great,” but he had concerns about Halladay, a new pilot with little flying time, taking the craft out over water at low altitude, though the plane was marketed as a craft that could do that.

“They still think that that’s the way the airplane should be flown, and there are people in aviation who completely disagree with that,” Pope said. “They think you should not have a low-time pilot flying low over water. That’s a recipe for disaster.”

Comment

Working...
                                X