Washington Guys ; Info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Guys ; Info needed

So I am going to be taking a trip to Washington with my wife february 20th-23rd. What is there to do? We are goin to eat at the Space Needle and go to Pike St. Market and maybe the Zoo. But what else? Go cart tracks? Sporting events? Concerts? Any thoughts on where to go or what to do would be great. Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
    ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

i dont recall if youve been to the e30 picnic or not, but id go to XXX for sure. i think theres a music museum up there thats supposed to be pretty cool. i know there are cool "districts" in the downtown area to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
      i dont recall if youve been to the e30 picnic or not, but id go to XXX for sure. i think theres a music museum up there thats supposed to be pretty cool. i know there are cool "districts" in the downtown area to check out.
      Triple x is a ways out, but the burgers and the atmosphere are worth the drive. Proly 30 minutes out of town I'd guess. The music museum he speaks of I believe is EMP(experienced music project) tons of jimmy hendrix stuff in there, its entertaining, but expensive. And yes, the various districts and such downtown are tons of fun to just wander... Sucks its so damn cold, cuz some of the parks down there can be fun, such as waterworks(not a waterpark but actual walking park along the water). Those are the first things that come to mind. My parents love to go to esquine wine shop down there. Not sure if your into wine, but they usually have some cool stuff going on, plus its entertaining to just look at some of the prices people pay.

Comment

Take a Ferry Ride, Museum of Flight, Underground Tour, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, Ride the Ducks of Seattle (might sound lame but riding the duck is actually a really good thing to do. Its an amphibious bus tour), Fremont (people watching galore), Aboretum (amazing park and japanese garden), Safeco Field, REDHOOK Brewery!!! (Do it. I'm local to the brewery and its a great place. If you're there on a Tuesday night its Trivia night which is fun. They have great tours that include beer and a free glass), Wineries, Pioneer Square, and all the places people mention prior to me.

I would really come out to Redhook, Columbia Winery, chateau ste. michelle as well as about 40 others are all in Woodinville. My friend has a winery too that you should sample if you enjoy wine: Desmodus Vena

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I have not heard very many good things about dinning at the space needle, good luck getting out of there for less than 200-300 for the two of you.
          1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

Originally posted by E30Eric View Post
            I have not heard very many good things about dinning at the space needle, good luck getting out of there for less than 200-300 for the two of you.
            I agree, I wouldn't eat there. I think you'd be better served by just going up in the space needle and then dining else where. How about Palisade or Bonefish.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Swing by my room, and ill make you my specialty double bowl of Top Ramen. Free of charge.

Comment

Crab shack (I think) out in Alki beach is great also. The aquarium and Experience Music Project are great places to go also.

Comment

if your going to alki beach Salty's is way better than the crab shack

Salty's has Seattle Des Moines Portland Restaurants. Voted King 5 Best of Western Washington every year since 2008. Brunch Happy Hour Dinner or Lunch.
                  m106 1990 e30
                  e36 daily
                  e32 cruiser

Comment

Salty's is great with an amazing view but it is expensive and not the best restaurant for the price in my opinion. It's definitely an amazing restaurant but if you're looking for something high class I think there are cooler places in the city. Don't ask me what though... .my mom finds them.
                    Originally posted by z31maniac
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

All I know is the Mustard Seed too has great pool tables. All I do is work, play pool and sleep...but you already knew that, didn't you?

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

+1 on visiting the space needle, but not eating there.

-Ride the ducks.
                        -Pike Place Market.

If you make it to the Bellevue side go to Park Place, ltd. They're a Lambo dealer now, too.

Don't forget your seattlecircuit.com World Headquarters tour!

Comment

Check Yelp for food suggestions.

EMP sucks taint and hardly has anything good on display anymore.

XXX Drive-in is fucking gross (and out of the way from where you'll be). I love the e30 picnic, but the food isn't remotely close to the highlights of the event.

Check out Pike Place and the Waterfront if the weather is cooperating. As others said, the Space Needle is good to check out for the view, but not a great place to eat (expensive to boot).

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                            Check Yelp for food suggestions.

EMP sucks taint and hardly has anything good on display anymore.

XXX Drive-in is fucking gross (and out of the way from where you'll be). I love the e30 picnic, but the food isn't remotely close to the highlights of the event.

Check out Pike Place and the Waterfront if the weather is cooperating. As others said, the Space Needle is good to check out for the view, but not a great place to eat (expensive to boot).
                            Triple X burgers are fucking delicious shut your mouth right now :(
                            Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
                            Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I've never even been to the EMP and I've lived here my whole life.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                              X