No announcement yet.

"NY SAFE" passed in less than 24 hours.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say we go back to what the founding fathers intended, muskets:). A gun that takes 30 seconds to load each bullet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
      I say we go back to what the founding fathers intended, muskets:). A gun that takes 30 seconds to load each bullet.
      Quit getting all your news from John Stewart. ;)

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Anyone taking bets on wether Alex Jones packs his 50 guns and runs outside with camo makeup and shoots at satellites and UFOs in an attempt at a revolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
          Anyone taking bets on wether Alex Jones packs his 50 guns and runs outside with camo makeup and shoots at satellites and UFOs in an attempt at a revolution?
          I thought he did that daily in the fucking wack-job compound in Texas.
          1985 BMW 325e
          1997 BMW M3/4/5
          2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

keep fucking over the law abiding citizen, thanks NY. If your going to go shoot people I'm pretty sure following the laws are the last thing on your mind.
            "I wanna see da boat movie"
            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I don't think you guys should worry too much.

Even in D.C. where there was supposed to be some kind of gun regulatory ban was over turned.
              And you would think they would want to keep that one due to all the political asshats napping at their jobs and not doing what they "promised the american voters"

Also on the account that Pres. lives there and goes to various functions around the city.

Comment

And, like I said about knee-jerk reactions, they didn't even think to exclude law enforcement from the magazine limits, and now they have to go back and remedy that. This is exactly what happens when politicians jump to conclusions without properly processing the things they intend to do.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie2.8 View Post
                  I don't think you guys should worry too much.

Even in D.C. where there was supposed to be some kind of gun regulatory ban was over turned.
                  And you would think they would want to keep that one due to all the political asshats napping at their jobs and not doing what they "promised the american voters"

Also on the account that Pres. lives there and goes to various functions around the city.
                  Yes the SCOTUS told them they cant ban firearms in the city proper, (Heller Vs DC)as that infringes on the 2a. That ban stood for nearly 30 years though, and DC was and still is one of the most crime infested hell hole of a city because of that ban and the restriction that are still in place to just meet the courts ruing. Same thing will miller Vs Chicago, Chicago has the worst gun control laws and are just enough to keep them out of a contempt of court battle, but this was one of the most violent years for murder there, the south side is like Mogadishu in the 90's practically. Not to mention that the 7th Circuit bitch slapped IL in December and gave the state 60 days to craft a CCW law Becasue IL is in violation of the 2a to out right BAN CCW with in the state. But the IL legislature, has not been doing what the courts told them to do, they have been trying to BAN firearms with in the state. What about jack ass MSNB pundit that had a 30 round AR mag in DC (they are banned) for a news clip with the NRA, he called the DC police to get permission to use it. They told him it would still be illegal, and he didnt have permission. Well he puts it up on TV for all to see, fully knowing the law, nothing is ever done about it. If we had one of those and didnt know it was not legal we would be in jail on felony weapons charges since ignorance of the law is not a valid defense especially when it comes to firearms.

We have a law in MT that we passed with great majorities in our legislature and signed by a D Governor, that tells the feds to take their NICS and NFA laws and SHOVE them, because thoes laws derive their power from the Commerce clause. well if you make it in the state, sold to a state resident who intends to keep it in the state, Well there is no interstate commerce involved, and the feds have no jurisdiction of that transfer and can fuck them selves. That law ONLY would Apply to such transfers ( We have 2 Major gun manufactures in my valley alone and many smaller custom shops that are at a 14 month waiting list, and 2 large Ammo manufactures are less than a 4 hour drive from my house) The ATF has had it tied up in court since 09, its due to be heard by the Fickle and liberal 9th Circuit in march though. Its expected to be over turned yet again, which should give the state the power and control over the appeal to the SCOTUS which is a good thing.

WY and IA are looking to make it a Felony to enforce any new 2013 federal gun control measures in their states (we Montanans are expecting a similar bill or an addendum to our the 09 law) . After all the states cant enforce federal immigration laws why should they enforce federal firearms laws?????

speaking of the NY political grabbing stunt
                  Originally posted by ANYONE FROM NY
                  I got this form a reputable forum but I still suggest verify it for your self before you send your info.

ACTION REQUIRED: Federal Challenge to NY BAN
                  Lawyer : Jim Tresmond, Attorney in Buffalo, New York. Attorney phone is 716.202.4301
                  Successfully represented clients in the past on Second Amendment issues in NYS Supreme Court. This case is pro-bono for all the gun owners of New York.
                  According to Mr. Tresmond the new ban is illegal as it is an ex-facto law taking away previously owned property and he intends to file this action in Federal Court.
                  We are looking for as many as possible to add to CLASS ACTION CASE:
                  SEND Your Name and EMAIL ADDRESS and phone number to: TRESMONDLAW@GMAIL.COM
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-17-2013, 05:18 PM.
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                    And, like I said about knee-jerk reactions, they didn't even think to exclude law enforcement from the magazine limits, and now they have to go back and remedy that. This is exactly what happens when politicians jump to conclusions without properly processing the things they intend to do.
                    Huh?

They knew god-damn well what they were doing. How many pistols have 7 round magazines available?

A few single stack .45s and revolvers? What % of handguns did this just make illegal in NY? How many manufacturers are going to tool up for that if NY may change it again?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                      Huh?

They knew god-damn well what they were doing. How many pistols have 7 round magazines available?

A few single stack .45s and revolvers? What % of handguns did this just make illegal in NY? How many manufacturers are going to tool up for that if NY may change it again?

You are not getting it, in their haste to pass a law quickly, they wrote the law without an exclusion for law enforcement, so by the word of the law, all LEO's will be breaking the law.

Comment

^^ Manic

The way I read it so long as you dont have more than than 7 in it you would be legal, FOR NOW. Kinda like many water fowl hunting laws say you can only have 2 or 3 in the mag, 2 normally so you only have a total of 3 shots on a flock. If you have a shotgun that holds more (MOST DO unless its was made in the 50's or 60's) Some states allow for the honor method (or at least used to), and dont get caught with more in the gun or shooting more than 3 times, that will suck, the DNR in many places can take anything you used to participate in the hunt, IE gun, Boat, Truck, Trailer, and even if its not Your stuff. Most places require a Mag plug be installed permanently or "not easily removed" to limit your capacity.

I would think that someone will start making floor plates or followers that will limit to legal NY capacity, before too long.
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

I know this guy is a little on the wild side but has a lot of valid points. I think they are just gonna chip away anyway they can to get the guns out of our hands. Check this out:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            You are not getting it, in their haste to pass a law quickly, they wrote the law without an exclusion for law enforcement, so by the word of the law, all LEO's will be breaking the law.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=8958116
                            I'm sure they will abide by it, or enforce it on each other.

I know you aren't this naive.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

^
                              We know but thats not the point. This falls into the do as I say not as I do category, even though we are supposed to abide by the same law.

NY is a test bed, to see how the rest of the country and the populace is going to take to it. TO see if they are just going to roll over and take it or fight it or vote with their feet. I have gotten more phone calls in the last 2 days from people I know that live in NY than I have in the last 3 months. I work in NY fairly often and with a lot of people that are form NY state as well. This is the tipping point for at least 4 families that I know personally. 2 of which are going to be listing their homes for sale in the next week or so. This is going to trigger a large migration of people from upstate, that are sick of the taxes and over bearing govt intrusions into all aspects of their lives.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                I'm sure they will abide by it, or enforce it on each other.

I know you aren't this naive.
                                No, I'm not this naive, and I know it will be resolved and I hear they and retired LEO's will be exempt, but it's just a very big and obvious sign that they obviously jumped to conclusions, and didn't think the whole thing through. I know what the end result will be, and that's not the point, the point I was making is what happens when people jump to conclusions, and rush to a solution without completing the thought process.

Comment

Working...
                                X