My HDR attempts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HDR attempts

I know they're overdone but I mainly liked the overdone HDR pics, looking like paintings. I'm really happy with how they came out:

I think the processing was done well, but the images themselves are pretty boring in my opinion. I also think a non HDR treatment would serve these colors and environment better.
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Try cropping them to make the compositions more interesting.

Could bump up the black levels as well for sure.

something along the lines of this (yes i am very bored)...

Last edited by ubernasty; 10-25-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Throw a e30 on the road pics!
        89' and 94' 325is

Comment

Looks awesome, lets see your E30, haven't seen pics of it in a long time!
          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

How many shots for each image and what was the exposure bracketing? No offense but true HDR does not like a painting, they're vivid and creates depth making an image more realistic than photos have ever been. A polarizer filter would have definitely helped on yours though.

Here are some shots I ran into 3 years ago that really got me interested in HDR. The photographer Kathleen Connally does some amazing landscape and portrait work: http://www.durhamtownship.com/

Last edited by speedminded; 10-26-2009, 12:30 AM.

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

If someone has a 3d model of an e30 and a .hdr file. I'll render up a custom image. ;)

Comment

hdr is basically what the world looks like when your on shrooms.

Build, break, repair, repeat.
                91 300zx TT
                03 540i Msport
                91 318is track
                89 Isuzu Imark/lotus 24hr Lemons car

Originally posted by george graves
                R3v is a very different kind of forum - don't come here with your bull shit - we'll actually take the time to call you on it.

Comment

The E30 isn't street legal, its days of posing with scenery were over the day it got into my hands. :( Well, unless my pipe dream of taking it to the Nurburgring some day come to fruition.

Originally posted by speedminded View Post
                  How many shots for each image and what was the exposure bracketing? No offense but true HDR does not like a painting, they're vivid and creates depth making an image more realistic than photos have ever been.
                  8-9. None taken, I know the real purpose of HDR, but I'm actually mainly attracted to the tone mapping, psychedelic look of some of the work. Some of those shots did actually benefit a lot from the HDR because there were some dark objects that wouldn't have nearly the detail they do (such as some of the trees), or the sky would be a whitewash.

Comment

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
                    Try cropping them to make the compositions more interesting.

Could bump up the black levels as well for sure.

something along the lines of this (yes i am very bored)...

I dunno, I like my compositions. :)

Cool re: black levels, a friend of mine who saw the pics said the same thing, now I get what he meant, thanks!

Comment

Looks like you re-edited them, they look muuuch better now. :up:

Btw fuck the border patrol haha, i read your email... that sucks but at least you got through. I liked the part about the turbo just being taken apart for the compressor wheel for a model airplane.

Comment

Looks like you re-edited them, they look muuuch better now. :up:
                        That one's actually yours :( I agree though it does look much better!

Btw fuck the border patrol haha, i read your email... that sucks but at least you got through. I liked the part about the turbo just being taken apart for the compressor wheel for a model airplane.
                        LOL yeah man, I can't believe I got out of there unscathed. I thought for sure the jig was up, but I just kept playing along, seeing where it would end.

Comment

Looks really cool. I love photos like that

Comment

OT (kinda) Car and Driver seems to have gone 100% HDR...
                            I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by speedminded View Post

Here are some shots I ran into 3 years ago that really got me interested in HDR. The photographer Kathleen Connally does some amazing landscape and portrait work: http://www.durhamtownship.com/
                              Are you serious? More realistic than pictures have ever been? I don't know about that, my eyes don't usually have the ability to look at a single landscape at once and make out that range of light. I see what you're saying as in my eyes can "meter" for every object as I see it but I'm still not really sure I agree with what you're saying.

That said... the images you posted are very nice.
                              Originally posted by z31maniac
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                              X