• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahaha
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      (Rolls eyes and shakes head...) Driving a car with screwed up suspension geometry sucks. I've been doing it for the past 3 years. Lowering your car to be stanced is simply asking to be buying new tires, and lots and lots of new parts because you ripped them off in a parking lot (oh, there went your oil pan, and that fresh engine you just had installed. Why do my U joints keep melting? Why do I keep ripping the front valance off my car?) You will always be bottoming the dampers out because the springs aren't stiff enough to overcome the loss of spring rate as things compress. If you do have stiff enough springs, you will hate driving the car everywhere because it will be a hard ride. You won't need to wait for the rain because you won't have the grip to keep it straight in the dry due to the car skipping off everything. You will also break the car because of the spring rates being way to high for the lack of reinforcements at all the suspension pickup points.

I can already see the post now... I went for a drive out in Red Rock and stuffed the car into a rock outcropping... I don't know what happened.

If you want a drift car, go buy a wrecked POS first. If you don't, you will take a decent looking car and make it a wrecked POS in short order. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a non screwed up drift car? Oh yeah, you didn't.

Seriously, its not worth it for a look. Especially when you don't have the $ or the skill to fix it when it breaks.

Will
      Dmitriy and I were thinking of ls1 swapping the e28 m5, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
        Dmitriy and I were thinking of ls1 swapping the e28 m5, what do you think?
        lol. Trollin.

Comment

lol

oliver that looks real nice, I need to come by at some point and check it out. nate's also been saying something about a volkswagen beetle..
          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            lol

oliver that looks real nice, I need to come by at some point and check it out. nate's also been saying something about a volkswagen beetle..
            he's always struck me as a mid 2000's beetle fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
              Lol you guys think I wanna go dangerously low.
              don't you dare fuck up my engine. -.-

get a raceskid installed before you go on.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                don't you dare fuck up my engine. -.-

get a raceskid installed before you go on.

I'm not going that low dude. But if I did I would definitely get a skid plate.

Comment

hey all, been around norcale30 before it got hacked and just recently picked up another e30... an ETA. sometimes it feels slow as shit.. and wondering where all this "OMG torque of the ETA blablabla" comes from. Anyone local drive an ETA that I can compare with? I just did the ebay chip+3.25 lsd and though the car does feel better to drive, id like to know if my eta is actually healthy or not compared to another one.

Jay

Comment

I woulda let you compare with mine but I moved to Las Vegas :(

It's a rebuilt eta with a 3.25 diff no chip.

Comment

Jay, get the turner chip and 3.25 diff and I exhaust. it will get a lot faster. also check and make sure you have the right sparkplugs in the car Bosch W8LCR. that's all you can ask for. i owned my dad's 325i vert with my eta in a race.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Jay, my Eta has all new ignition parts, a GreggM afm, and a SSSQUID 91 octane chip still running a 2.93 lsd. People who ride in It accuse me of having done other work to it. If you get down to SoCal I will give you a ride...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeltar1234 View Post
                          Jay, my Eta has all new ignition parts, a GreggM afm, and a SSSQUID 91 octane chip still running a 2.93 lsd. People who ride in It accuse me of having done other work to it. If you get down to SoCal I will give you a ride...
                          im intrigued by this.

i wanna feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            I woulda let you compare with mine but I moved to Las Vegas :(

It's a rebuilt eta with a 3.25 diff no chip.
                            3.25lsd?

went too hard while in vegas and forgot to hit you back up

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                            RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
                              3.25lsd?

went too hard while in vegas and forgot to hit you back up

Yup 3.25 lsd. I like it, and if grabs up very nicely.

It's all good man haha I wish I was more available during sema

Comment

cool, lots of eta love here. don't get me wrong, the car is running well. I'm just used to my old gutted out 325i and semi loud remus. why does my eta sound like a prius? lol. thinking of getting a vibrant exhaust setup.

i believe i have the ngk equivalent of Bosch W8LCR. the sssquid tune sounds tempting but I'm holding our for a 327i tune once i find an 885 head. the mottorsports ebay chip made a night and day difference though for $30. funny though, when i swapped the chip, the existing one had a 'made in phillipines' sticker on it...

Comment

Working...
                                X