• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just take out the springs to get that forum photo you want so bad
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

dont slam on 15s it looks terrible. just roll the correct height and then put 5 guys in the car for photos.
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

NOR-CAL General Chat.

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
        dont slam on 15s it looks terrible. just roll the correct height and then put 5 guys in the car for photos.

Great advice Eric. More functional, and attract more men into my life. Double win ;)

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
        Just take out the springs to get that forum photo you want so bad

Lol I could care less about a forum post. I want my car to be what I want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
          Lol I could care less about a forum post. I want my car to be what I want it to be.
          stock height, 1 wheel a different color, and nice wheels 1200 miles away safe in your room?
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
            stock height, 1 wheel a different color, and nice wheels 1200 miles away safe in your room?

600 miles.
            And there in a storage unit.

Lol.

Comment

I'm not completely concerned with handling, I do like ascetics a lot and I have no experience with grip racing. As gay as it sounds I honestly just want it to look the way I want it to, and the spirited driving can come second to that. But most of the spirited driving will probably be dicking around with the rear end out in the rain.
              (Rolls eyes and shakes head...) Driving a car with screwed up suspension geometry sucks. I've been doing it for the past 3 years. Lowering your car to be stanced is simply asking to be buying new tires, and lots and lots of new parts because you ripped them off in a parking lot (oh, there went your oil pan, and that fresh engine you just had installed. Why do my U joints keep melting? Why do I keep ripping the front valance off my car?) You will always be bottoming the dampers out because the springs aren't stiff enough to overcome the loss of spring rate as things compress. If you do have stiff enough springs, you will hate driving the car everywhere because it will be a hard ride. You won't need to wait for the rain because you won't have the grip to keep it straight in the dry due to the car skipping off everything. You will also break the car because of the spring rates being way to high for the lack of reinforcements at all the suspension pickup points.

I can already see the post now... I went for a drive out in Red Rock and stuffed the car into a rock outcropping... I don't know what happened.

If you want a drift car, go buy a wrecked POS first. If you don't, you will take a decent looking car and make it a wrecked POS in short order. Seriously, when was the last time you saw a non screwed up drift car? Oh yeah, you didn't.

Seriously, its not worth it for a look. Especially when you don't have the $ or the skill to fix it when it breaks.

Will
              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

I wonder how long it will take Spency to change a busted oil pan?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I do like ascetics a lot
                  ascetics are people who give up all their worldly possessions and go live in buddhist monasteries.

practicing strict self-denial as a measure of personal and especially spiritual discipline; austere in appearance, manner, or attitude… See the full definition

given that you want to build your e30 into a show-piece that has visual elements intended to appeal to other people, you are not at all ascetic. you may have meant "aesthetics".

that aside; ignore the suspension advice of two guys who build quick cars with small engines at your own peril.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Spency, just do what you want to do with your car. At the end of the day it's still YOUR car.

Feedback!
                    Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
                    Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Spency, do what everyone else tells you to do with your car... theyre the ones who have to look at it while youre driving.
                      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Lol you guys think I wanna go dangerously low.

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
                          Spency, do what everyone else tells you to do with your car... theyre the ones who have to look at it while youre driving.
                          Lol this

Slam it. I don't care about your car or your repair bills, but it sure looks cool from the outside :pimp:
                          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Someone come help me put this guy back together. I'm like half way there

Comment

Anyone have a schwarz passenger side fender or passenger side sedan doors they want to sell?
                              sigpic
                              - '89 325is track beast
                              - '91 318is daily corner carver

Comment

saw this and laughed

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X