No announcement yet.

4th of July DUI Checkpoint & Guy getting shot for holding a water nozzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about weighing outcomes. What I want the outcome to be, is a short stop that I drive away from in a couple minutes. I have my license and proof of insurance and registration ready for the cop when I'm pulled over. I don't need the outcome to be that I'm right or the cop is wrong, or for him to know that I know my rights.

Now if I have to, I'll pull my rights out and use them. But it's like karate, I'll only use them if I feel that I'm being attacked.

Most cops are the good guys. Yes, there are many power tripping cops out there, but I've found that they become fewer as I grow older. I don't know if it's because they respect me more since I'm older in relation to them, or I've stopped throwing attitude at them because they're younger in relation to me.
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I can't believe people here still respond to travish... Only reason he comes here is to make arguments and then run back to e30tech, distort the facts and make everyone but himself seem like brainless retard...

As for the videos, I haven't watched them yet but it seems like they are the cookie cutter police state video.

Maybe it is "bending over and taking it" to hand them your id at a dui checkpoint but seriously, I bet three majority of cops are just out there trying to do their jobs and feed their families. Are there power hungry dickwad cops? Definitely. But, for every one of those I bet there are 10 decent cops.

The one thing that makes my blood boil is the fact that, to this day, there us a good amount of cops that still think it's illegal to record their actions.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Are there power hungry dickwad cops? Definitely. But, for every one of those I bet there are 10 decent cops.

The one thing that makes my blood boil is the fact that, to this day, there us a good amount of cops that still think it's illegal to record their actions.
        Truth.

Originally posted by ///M42 sport View Post
        uh anyone think its suspicious that the kid was recording this prior to going to the checkpoint. Looks like this was premediated on his part. Fucking loser. Kid just wants his 15mins of fame.
        Possibly, or he could be sincerely defending your rights.

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
        I call that bending over and taking it. You're conditioned to give in and play their game before you're even prompted for ID.

They continue to do push constitutional boundaries because people freely cooperate and allow them to do so.
        That's the important point to me. Why tolerate further erosion of our liberties?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by JinormusJ
        Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
        1989 325is Raged on then sold.
        1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
        1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
        1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

The fact that the kid doesnt want to roll down his window shows how much of a loser he is. Its standard procedure at DUI checkpoints or anytime you get pulled over for that matter. Its provoking the officer as well as invoking suspicion on his lameass. He needs to go start his "revolution" on something that actually matters in this world haha.
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^

No its not, you only have to roll it down far enough to allow for documents to be passed and to allow conversation.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I can say A LOT about that kid but I'll just go with he is a dumb shit!
              88 M3 Diamantschwarz
              89 M3 Zinnoberrot
              56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
              www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

I agree with the fact that the kid was being a douche and just showing that he knew the law. But i have in fact been in one of these type situations.

last summer, i was driving my mothers 05 v6 auto mustang. it was cool, rwd, and lighter. i just came home from work which was around 12 or 1 oclock in the afternoon and picked up a buddy of mine. we were in a development and i rounded a turn faster than i should of and the rear driver side tire blew out and the car went side ways, up a curb hit a mail box and created a mess. the tires were clearly bald and the anyone could have seen what had happened. i called the police myself, knocked on the door of the house while they were on their way. nobody was home, i waited.

the dickhead head honcho "i make the most arrests in town" cop shows up. he immediately tells me that i was doing over 45 mph around the turn and pulled the ebrake. and i told him my story and does not believe a thing. at this time, i am attentive and more than willing to work the man, as thats what someone should do. over and over again he asked me the story, of which it never changed. he finally asked if i was on drugs. this is where i started to become annoyed as i have never done drugs in my entire life. my eyes were bloodshot, but i have allegries and there was medication in the car to prove that, and the back of my tongue was green.... didnt know that was a test. he asks to search the car i said that not a problem, as there is nothing in there. he asked me if he should bring the k9 unit. i said not a problem, if it makes things easier. his response "IS THAT A THREAT?! wtf no, im just trying to make everything easy for you and me

so the k9 unit comes, destroyed the paint/body even more, didnt find a thing. and as the video showed the cop just had the dog scratch the car as the same thing in my situation.

at this point the chief of police, who is a family friend comes by and asks me what happened. i told him, he believed me, i sat down again. the k9 unit officer asked me how i smoked the weed, a bong, onehitter, joint, blunt, etc. my response was i dont even know what half of those things are (laughing) and it was the truth. my mother is crying at the scene, my dad is ready to kill me on the spot. at this point i am pissed off that i am being told something that i know is false. i told the cop i was more than willing to be arrested and take a drug test just to prove that i was not under the influence. but that didnt happen.

my parents think im a drug addict at this point so i told them to get a piss test. passed with flying colors.

this is why i am jaded to the police, but nothing that this kid shows. i understand cooperation is key, but in the few times i have dealt with the police, they have done nothing but hassle me. always seem like their shit doesnt smell

/rant
                Originally Posted by scaraveos
                Are saying about welding the head to the block? and if yes how is it seperated if required?

(possibly a stupid post)

Comment

Do what the cop wants u to do or you'll have a bad time.
                  Good for that kid and showing everyone what we already know. :)

Comment

Most cops are pretty cool and I am friends with a couple Leo's for the forest service and around where I live local police are actually really nice it's more of the chp or city police that seem to be like this
                    if the cop did not get automatically defensive the first time he asked the kid anything it would have looked better on him but it's like the kid said no, oh shit I bet he has 5 pounds of coke under the seat better pull him to the side!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2
                    Last edited by kickinindian; 07-07-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
                      Pot calling the kettle black?

Ahh so you're one of those guys. Get off your high horse. Your service to this country is hugely appreciated but don't act like you're better than anyone because of it.
                      I'm not acting better than anyone . None of you have been in these situations, you know nothing about these situations past what you see on youtube. These cops are Working up to 12 hours on a holiday away from family to protect drivers and citizens and dumb kids like this try to push their limits and it pisses them off. Put yourself in that cops shoes for once instead of going along with some kids useless point.

Comment

The kid Was obviously going through that checkpoint looking for trouble.

Unless he had window regulator problems then why not role your window all the way down, thats all their asking for. Then this nerd starts listing off laws when all the cops are trying to do is Find people that are drinking and driving. He deserved what he got.

I can understand the cop hate going around for the trigger happy/meat headed morons. But these people are here to protect you. Stop being douchebags to them. Fucking idiot.
                        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

he is working with the public if it was any other job where you got that mad that quickly he would get fired on the spot.
                          like i said i know many cops that if you treat someone nicely even if it does not go their way exactly but they stay within the rights of the person!
                          that kid was not being a smart ass he just refused within his rights to not fully put down his window that guy had no reason to get that pissed off about it.
                          ive been pulled over with a broken window switch and it was about half way down the cop didnt bat an eye about it he did his job told me to fix my tail light bulb and i was on my way.

all comes down to police who go on a power trip, and take it out on the first person who does not follow them 100%

Comment

travish go kill yourself
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by z6ne View Post
                              travish go kill yourself
                              Why because are opinions aren't the same?

Moron

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                                It's sad how many of you don't get it.
                                It has nothing to do with getting anything. I grew up just outside of Chicago, and was VERY often beaten by the police (look it up in the news about police violence in the 90's there). I agree 100% that the police abuse their authority way too often, but that kid is just out there testing and pushing buttons. I wish nothing but bad for the idiot out there like that kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X