Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell my e46 m3 daily for an e30 or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven a few BRZ's, the interiors are cheap and the fit and finish is awful.

They drive nice,, albeit underpowered, but to be honest they are becoming another cheap boy racer car.

For the price they are not bad (for a brand new car) but at that pricepoint a used BMW is much more fun. Heck for a similar price you can buy a CPO 328i F30 M Sport which is a better car in almost every way.

Now if you plan on tracking the shit out of it, interior does not matter as much when you tear it out!

Additionally, an E30 as a daily is a tough sale anymore, I daily both my E60 and my Land Rover as they are millions of times more comfortable than my E30's are. I keep the E30's for sunny days and the occasional commute (drove my e30 touring today for example) but I have a much larger smile getting into my e30 after a few days versus everyday.

My anyway

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
      Must be the nicest high mileage, falling apart interior, unknown year model e46 m3 there is.

Or you smoke crack.
      Seriously, I'm seeing nice e46 m3s $18-24k. If yours is high mileage with a tired interior, you'd see more like $13-15k

Comment

I heard stock E36 M3 so here I am. I have a '97 M3/4, Byzanz/Champagne, clean title, smog in hand, auto, 184k, service records since PO, window stickers and all. It's been babied like crazy but I'm kicking around the idea of parting with it to get back into an E30...
        Last edited by CarsonE30; 03-02-2016, 04:49 PM.
        C6Z
        S2K
        VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by CarsonE30 View Post
          I'm kicking around the idea of parting with it
          I LOVE that color. I would scoop that up in a heartbeat if you were to list it, but you're on the wrong coast.
          Instagram
          sigpic
          Current: 99 M3
          Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

I heard stock E36 M3 so here I am. I have a '97 M3/4, Byzanz/Champagne, clean title, smog in hand, auto, 184k, service records since PO, window stickers and all. It's been babied like crazy but I'm kicking around the idea of parting with it to get back into an E30...
            So you want $3500 for it? ;)
            AWD > RWD

Comment

I'm kicking around the idea of parting with it to get back into an E30...
              :crazy:

Whenever I see another thread on other sites about that color, I think of this car. Such an awesome find

OTOH, I'd be in the same boat. The e30 is unlike any other car from BMW's lineage which is why after 13 years, I still have mine. Sure I get sick of dumping cash into it, but I still do. Sure I say I want something nicer to dd (Lexus IS350 etc), then I come back to the e30

It's like the relationship you just can't leave. Sure you might actually sell it, but you'll always be thinking of it devising ways to have another one. Dreaming of the mods you'd do to it
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Don't sell the 30 but do buy the e46m3!!!
                F80 M3 Alpine
                E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                E28 Blackish 535i
                E21 Silver 320i
                Disco1 98 4.6
                ~~~~~~
                E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                E30 325i SOLD
                E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                sigpic

Comment

I would say get another E36 M3 as a daily. They are perfect daily platforms and cheap enough to maintain and keep your head above water. Find an Auto as well, so you're not tempted to mod it lol

My next plan is to either get a 540i/6 or another E36 M3/4/5 (had one a couple years ago and regret selling it) as a daily so i can keep the E30 nice and safe.
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I had an e46 m3. Then got an e30 325 to daily in the mean time...

...Then sold the e46 and bought an e30 m3....so if that says anything. :p E30 is just a much better chassis.
                    Current:
                    1989 325i
                    1988 M3
                    1987 325ic
                    Past:
                    2001 330ci
                    2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      I would say get another E36 M3 as a daily. They are perfect daily platforms and cheap enough to maintain and keep your head above water. Find an Auto as well, so you're not tempted to mod it lol
                      Mine is an auto, do we have a deal
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                        E30 is just a much better chassis.
                        please 'esplain
                        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

My e46 m3 sleeps in the driveway and my e30 in the garage if that says anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                            I LOVE that color. I would scoop that up in a heartbeat if you were to list it, but you're on the wrong coast.
                            Shipping wouldn't be too bad, I'd split it since I'm so awesome!

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                            So you want $3500 for it? ;)
                            That covers shipping and a deposit!

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            Whenever I see another thread on other sites about that color, I think of this car. Such an awesome find
                            C6Z
                            S2K
                            VeloN

Comment

Shipping wouldn't be too bad, I'd split it since I'm so awesome!
                              Oh you don't think it would make the cross country trip?
                              Instagram
                              sigpic
                              Current: 99 M3
                              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                                Oh you don't think it would make the cross country trip?
                                I know the car would but I'd rather not! 9 hours is my limit but if you wanna embark on that journey, feel free!
                                C6Z
                                S2K
                                VeloN

Comment

Working...
                                X