Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Also if you would read your own articles, you would know that it was CONGRESS that reviewed and overturned that Obama Proclamation,
    CRA measures must be signed by the president.
    i did read the article, apparently more thoroughly than you did. sorry for the hard shutdown there, but the buck stopped at the president's desk.
    past:
    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
    1985 323i baur
    current:
    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^
      Yeah its not different than legislation, Still trying to pin the nullification of a bad unilateral action of a Previous POTUS that took an "ACT OF CONGRESS" (there is a reason that phrase refers to tasks that are near impossible to compleat) to achieve on the current POTUS is short sighted as all hell and missing the trees due to the forest..... even you know this

Again even the ACLU was all for that action........
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

"even you". fuck you, sleeve, don't talk to me like i'm retarded when you can't even spell a complete sentence correctly.

and i don't necessarily align with the ACLU, other than on a case-by-case basis.
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
          http://fortune.com/2018/02/15/trump-...ental-illness/

i'm glad this story didn't get lost in the memory hole.

drumpf's response to the latest mass-casualty shooting in florida was mainly centered around mental health.

yeah, we had background checks for that, before you removed them...
          Nice try, but you struck out. Trump did that on Feb 28th, the kid bought the gun sometime in the month of February. Also might I add it only affected people getting social security, which it's unlikely that he was getting SS. Try again.

Comment

"even you". fuck you, sleeve, don't talk to me like i'm retarded when you can't even spell a complete sentence correctly.

and i don't necessarily align with the ACLU, other than on a case-by-case basis.
            If that's not butthurt I don't know what is. Why are you so angry? Do you need a prozac?

Comment

The reality is that there really wasn't a way to stop the shooter from getting a gun. The only thing that probably could and should have been done would have been to institutionalize him for various mental/psychological issues.

What disturbs me is that there have been plenty of people (some no doubt seeking their 15 minutes of fame and sensationalizing things in the process) who have come forward saying that they knew he had issues. The FBI was informed but apparently couldn't get shit straight to take action. To me it seems as though a bunch of people turned a blind eye to someone that was clearly disturbed and the result was fatal for nearly two dozen people.

In my mind it's really not about the guns, it's about the reality that people should have put more effort into helping this guy get proper medical help rather than turning their backs on him. As abrasive, offensive, and disturbed as he might have been, he needed people to embrace him rather than shun him...it's difficult, but our society needs to find a way to recognize problems with people before they turn to violent action.

If it wasn't a gun it would have been a bomb or a knife, or whatever other weapon he could get a hold of. Stop screaming about guns, it's not about the guns.

Disclaminer: I DO NOT own any guns and rarely do I shoot them.

Comment

^
                Well for one thing is was not even a Dozen and a half let alone "close to 2 dozen" but I am being a dick about semantics here ;)

That said, how about we teach kids right from wrong and actually parent the little fuckers and not try to be their friends. Discipline them when they need it, teach them value for all life, and maybe just maybe there will be less of this shit.

Originally posted by decay

Not my fault your being purposefully obtuse on this point, to justify your self imposed consistent vilification of the current POTUS for EVERY possible thing that is wrong based on "your" world view.

I am not saying you should not be outraged at the incident in FL, I think its safe to say every reasonable person is and rightly should be. But to try and lay it on the desk of the POTUS is bit of a stretch I would think you would agree if you were willing to look at this objectively vs though your tinted glasses. Especially given the fact that the nullified proclamation form the O man was for people RECEIVING Social Security, I am fairly sure a 19 year old kid was not on SS. nor adjudicated unfit to manage his own check book in a court of law, so your noted proclamation would have done JACK FUCK ALL to hinder this shithead if it was still in place.

We have been doing this for at least a decade now, if your not used to my piss poor spelling by now, thats on you.... never been a strong suit of mine, I tended to gravitate to sciences, math, and history.......
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-16-2018, 06:43 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                  The reality is that there really wasn't a way to stop the shooter from getting a gun. The only thing that probably could and should have been done would have been to institutionalize him for various mental/psychological issues.

What disturbs me is that there have been plenty of people (some no doubt seeking their 15 minutes of fame and sensationalizing things in the process) who have come forward saying that they knew he had issues. The FBI was informed but apparently couldn't get shit straight to take action. To me it seems as though a bunch of people turned a blind eye to someone that was clearly disturbed and the result was fatal for nearly two dozen people.

In my mind it's really not about the guns, it's about the reality that people should have put more effort into helping this guy get proper medical help rather than turning their backs on him. As abrasive, offensive, and disturbed as he might have been, he needed people to embrace him rather than shun him...it's difficult, but our society needs to find a way to recognize problems with people before they turn to violent action.

If it wasn't a gun it would have been a bomb or a knife, or whatever other weapon he could get a hold of. Stop screaming about guns, it's not about the guns.

Disclaminer: I DO NOT own any guns and rarely do I shoot them.
                  The fbi was too busy trying to find one little thing on Trump. All kidding aside lots of people dropped the ball, but possibly they also didn't see or feel the whole picture of his life. The cops that went to his house over 30 times only were able to take in what he gave, same with doctors, classmates just though he was a trouble maker and weird. Just like neighbors of serial killers, they say I had no idea he was capable of doing that, everytime I talked to him he was a nice guy, a little quiet but other than that he was normal. Sadly many times people can only put the pieces together after someone is caught then they see the signs.

Like my buddies neighbor that lived down the street since he was a kid. This guy was older than us by 10 to 15 years and was a little off. My friends mom would help him out and became his friend. He'd be around and talk all kinds of crazy talk like the government had a satellite that was tracking him so he painted his ceiling brown so it looked like dirt to try to disguise where he was inside the house. Just odd ball shit. I got vibes from him kind of like you would with a dog you don't know, that in a monent it could snap at you. Anyways my buddy died in a motorcycle crash, and the neighbor couldn't handle it and he snapped. He went out and bought a blender and a power inverter, then went to the ER parking lot. While there he cut his dick and balls off and threw them in the blender so they couldn't be put back on. He ran into the ER with the blender so he could get help. He was diagnosed with paranoia schizophrenia and now has a caretaker. Point is i saw and felt something and my friends mom just said yeah he's a little off his rocker and means well and didn't put the pieces together and I didn't force the issue because I had only met him a few times where she knew him for 20 years.

You're right it isn't the gun it's the person, I have a bunch of ar15's, 30 round mags and 60 round drums, I'm not going to use them on people i just kill paper. Because i never want to hurt someone, I think about having to shoot someone in self defense and honestly it terrifies me. I don't want to take a life

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    ^
                    Well for one thing is was not even a Dozen and a half let alone "close to 2 dozen" but I am being a dick about semantics here ;)
                    16 total, I wasn't aware of the final number, haven't been away from work for the last couple days so kind of a media blackout for me until a few hours ago.

I don't think that takes away from the point I was making, people are screaming and crying about the guns or the president that really wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Many people here know that I'm not a Trump fan, but to say that he really could have any true affect on a situation like this is a fairly erroneous proposition. If you're looking for action, Congress is where you should direct your attention, they have the power to make lasting change that can't be undone by an executive order during the next administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                      Nice try, but you struck out. Trump did that on Feb 28th, the kid bought the gun sometime in the month of February. Also might I add it only affected people getting social security, which it's unlikely that he was getting SS. Try again.
                      yes, because that's absolutely the last time such a mass-casualty event is ever going to occur. idiot.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

yes, because that's absolutely the last time such a mass-casualty event is ever going to occur. idiot.
                        I'm sorry that your vagina got sand in it because I told you that article you posted has zero to do with this guy.

Comment

I'm sorry that your vagina got sand in it because I told you that article you posted has zero to do with this guy.
                          if including an insult in a response is an indicator of that, then you are basically made of silicon. most of your responses don't even have a point to accompany it.
                          past:
                          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                          1985 323i baur
                          current:

Comment

if including an insult in a response is an indicator of that, then you are basically made of silicon. most of your responses don't even have a point to accompany it.

Comment

anyone who can't rub together brain cells hard enough to muster a response that wasn't GIS'd eventually winds up on my ignore list. hoofHD is there too, so you're in good company.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

anyone who can't rub together brain cells hard enough to muster a response that wasn't GIS'd eventually winds up on my ignore list. hoofHD is there too, so you're in good company.
                                Cool, is that supposed to hurt my feelings? God I just feel so horrible that you can't handle other people on the internet. Sack up sally

Don't you have some useless protest at Starbucks to attend?

Comment

Working...
                                X