• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post
    for fuck's sake... that is so much money
    Quite literally, Fuck Putin money.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I would love to be an engineer on one of those yachts. Spotless engine rooms.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	danish-yachts-engine-room.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	7177794

The Build:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
        I would love to be an engineer on one of those yachts. Spotless engine rooms.
        [ATTACH]99178[/ATTACH]
        I want to rethink all my life decisions up to this point now.

That looks like heaven!
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Ray - You hiring? lol

Comment

I have been a service writer / service manager for the past 27 years since about 1988. I have been working around euro cars the last 22 years.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Will soon be quitting my job as a welder...
              My Feedback

Comment

For the past 3 years, I've been fixing/drilling holes in these:

And doing this:

When it's really slow, they give us stupid easy fiberglass work from these:

Or when it's even slower(ie. now), they send us to work on P-3's replacing wings/empennage mounts:
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Literally said "Fuck that." out loud when I saw his picture. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    For the past 3 years, I've been fixing/drilling holes in these:

And doing this:

When it's really slow, they give us stupid easy fiberglass work from these:

Or when it's even slower(ie. now), they send us to work on P-3's replacing wings/empennage mounts:
                    Just Curious, How do you go about getting a job like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Work for Grainger, gets me some good deals on tools :)
                      I ship a lot of Leathermans to you. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dzdimi14 View Post
                        I work at a similar place, Aviation Technical Services near Seattle, and Northern works up in Canadiania. Most of us have military experience, or have gone to an A&P (or Canadian equivalent) school. I'm not up on the Canadian rules so I cant speak for them, but we will bring in inexperienced people as apprentices directly or as contract labor if we think the person has mechanical aptitude and train them. People without an A&P certificate work under the supervision of an A&P Mechanic. Airlines don't generally hire without an A&P certificate.
                        1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

Helpdesk support at my local isp :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dzdimi14 View Post
                            In Canada, I guess there's 3 different ways:

1 or 2 year "Aircraft Maintenance Engineer" Transport Canada approved trade school course (Mechanical and Electrical sub-trades are 2 years, I took the 1 year Structures course because it was half the length and typically pays the same)

$1000 online course through ICS. Although, the only people I know with this course are either ex-british military guys who want some sort of way to tie in their training with civil work, or guys who have taken one of the 1-2 year courses and want to get qualified in more than one of the sub-trades. I doubt someone could get a job with just this course and no prior experience.

Military experience. I originally wanted to go this route, but they weren't accepting applications. Now I don't want to give up my house, E30's, GF's job to likely move to Cold Lake.

Originally posted by SGT4677 View Post
                            ...we will bring in inexperienced people as apprentices directly or as contract labor if we think the person has mechanical aptitude and train them. People without an A&P certificate work under the supervision of an A&P Mechanic. Airlines don't generally hire without an A&P certificate.
                            I only know one guy who was hired like this, and he was a painter for about a decade before he started doing small mechanical/structures jobs. He then took the same course I did. I don't think it's very common practice anymore, at least around here.
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Valet. I park cars, not much else, haha. Definitely stay in shape!

I work on friends' cars sometimes too

Have you made a purchase from www.blunttech.com recently?
                              sigpic<< wrecked

Comment

Land surveyor when not in college.

Also groom Donald Trump's hair on the side.
                                Originally Posted by Exodus
                                He also kept asking why someone local didn't just go to the guys house and break his kneecaps, as they would do in Romania. He couldn't understand how us Americans are so laid back about shit like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X