No announcement yet.

Windshield Wipers Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday my driver side wiper flew of the windshield and got stock on my side mirror. It Wasn't cool I was doing about 65 mph on highway wirh light rain and then a strong cross wind sent the wiper of track. Luckily i put window down and put wiper back on windshield and the rain almost immediatly atopped. BUT, Now it dosnt operate right. Gets stuck below passenger blade, or dosnt go up, it hesistates but dosnt fully move. Every few passes it will go and be so out of wacky it gets stuck on the passenger wiper. Help, what can I do to fix this? Thanks
    sigpic

Comment

Forgive my poor spelling in the last post, making posts with a phone key board sucks.
      sigpic

Comment

Damn you're horrible Grammer :hitler:

Not really....I can't spell shit on a phone either

Look at where the wiper arm connects to the car, at the very end of the wiper arm on the top there is a metal flap that is covering a nut that holds the wiper arm down onto the gears that operates it...if your lucky you can just tighten this bolt and the wiper will work again

If that doesnt work and the gear is stripped completely then you have to replace the whole wiper arm assembly which is located under this plastic black vents but has to be accessed by taking apart the metal cover in between the wiper arm assembly and the engine bay (it's behind your engine harness )

Hopefully your in the first boat

Comment

Thanks, gonna check this out today.
          sigpic

Comment

My wiper linkage is fucked too and is currently "fixed" with zip ties. The best you can do is pop open the vent below the windshield and get in there and see what's happening.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Well mine are "fixed for now" as well, and by fixed I mean I tightened the nut down and the wipers work and clear the dew of the winshield in the AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X