Icv delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icv delete

anyone know how to do this? I havnt yet pulled the icv to clean but.. if theres a way to run without it I might just do that. I can wait a few mins for warm up.

pull it out, plug the holes and open the throttle stop

but I have to tell you, not having it is a pain in the ass. your engine will want to stall out until it's completely warmed up, and your idle will wander all over the place when you turn on AC, or intake temps start to climb, or your electric fan turns on, etc. etc.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

well the AC is allready disconnected, I dont think the electric fan even works. i can deal with the long warm ups haha. Im going to clean the icv 1st then go from there. Can i use a eta icv if mine is junk? Also how do i open throttle stop?

Comment

I don't know if an eta ICV will work or not

just turn the screw.. it's a small flathead. should be close to the throttle linkage.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I had one of those brand new in that box you declined too.

Comment

lol yea, well good news! i cleand the icv didnt do shit so i deleted it, now the car runs better than ever. no more glowing headers :D nothing. i have the full m10 powerband back ITS SO FAST ..not lol im happy now. im not even sure if I want to put the icv back now. so no more problems with my 318 everything is just dandy beside the HG but that can wait.

Comment

what is this icv thing?

Comment

idle control valve
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  pull it out, plug the holes and open the throttle stop

but I have to tell you, not having it is a pain in the ass. your engine will want to stall out until it's completely warmed up, and your idle will wander all over the place when you turn on AC, or intake temps start to climb, or your electric fan turns on, etc. etc.
                  It's not as bad as you make it out to be. I deleted the ICV from my s50b32 and I have a smooth and consistent idle. No complaints from here. It might react different with different motors though.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                    lol yea, well good news! i cleand the icv didnt do shit so i deleted it, now the car runs better than ever. no more glowing headers :D nothing. i have the full m10 powerband back ITS SO FAST ..not lol im happy now. im not even sure if I want to put the icv back now. so no more problems with my 318 everything is just dandy beside the HG but that can wait.
                    So what exactly did you do? just remove the ISV and then plug both vacuum tubes that were attatched to it? and thats all?

Comment

well for the m10, where the icv sit i just unplugged it, plugd up the two hose that i had just disconnected from. Ajusted my idle and now the car pulls ( for an m10) and it has good responce. I did notic tho last night after letting the car sit for a few hours, when i start i have to wait a few mins and give it a lil gas till the idle was at 1100. If i didnt give any gas it would blog out an die, but as soon as it was warm everything was fine. Now I would take a pic. for what i did buy yesterday was just a set up and it worked and it looks ghetto as fuk. Ill clean it up today and get some pics

Comment

any1 do this on a m20?

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
                          any1 do this on a m20?
                          idk?

Comment

pics would be cool... im interested in trying this on my car as the engine behaves strangely sometimes.. like some days it goes good and sometimes its gutless and smells like its flooding even.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachary View Post
                              pics would be cool... im interested in trying this on my car as the engine behaves strangely sometimes.. like some days it goes good and sometimes its gutless and smells like its flooding even.
                              that probably has nothing to do with the idle valve
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X