Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help ID-ing this part.

eric here,

I have been trying to figure how to retro fit a map light mirror to my 318i. I know the car wasn't optioned with one initially so I went looking around for a 12 volt provision etc. I pryed off the plastic cover infront of the mirror and found this blank circuit board underneath. Anyone know if this is in the electrical diagrams or something or can explain whats its for. I'm beyond confused at this point lol...

Power for the map light mirror is actually run from a wire down the A piller and to a junction box under the dash.

Comment

Unit

It's called a check control panel and it's used to indicate if anything is wrong with your vehicle.ie.....if you have anything wrong with your brake lights....if you need oil and other things

Comment

Originally posted by 325isman View Post
        It's called a check control panel and it's used to indicate if anything is wrong with your vehicle.ie.....if you have anything wrong with your brake lights....if you need oil and other things
        My car never came with that panel though. This cover is literally blank. Unless every car was provisioned with this board then the control panel was added on later?

Comment

The 318i of the early '90s were stripped down versions as the check panel was standard on the 325. You probably don't even have cruise control.

E30 production was also winding down and was making way for the e36 and dot matrix displays. Take the bulb out and shine a light through the hole to see the seat belt warning.

Comment

Working...
          X