Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

News Article

Apparent suicide by hanging this morning in France while working on an upcoming episode of "Parts Unknown".

Damn.. too many drunk nights in my college years were inspired by his show to go out and grab some late night munchies with good company. Later motivating me to travel the world and visit the places he frequented.

I guess you can have everything and nothing at the same time - Rest in Peace my dude.
    Attached Files

“Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

― Rob Siltanen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by rufflz View Post
      i guess you can have everything and nothing at the same time - rest in peace my dude.
      qft

rip
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

This spoiled my morning, luckily I can listen to the new Cudi/Ye album on repeat.

RIP Bourdain
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Very sad. Mental illness is a horrendous thing that can too easily slide under the radar.

His show & work was always inspiring to me as well. True class act.

Life is fragile.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Very sad today because of this. Was a regular at his old NYC restaurant "Les Halles" that was attached to my sisters apartment, saw him live in a stand up he did a couple years ago, was an early watcher of his old shows & read his books. He was the man, the myth, the legend, in my eyes. He portrayed the rest of the world that people wouldn't ordinarily see, and brought it to you.....and always tied back to the fact that food doesn't discriminate. Its prob the ONE thing in our crazy world that unites us all. The food, travel & blog industry lost one of the best narrators of this today. :(
            www.instagram.com/snwmble
            #snwmble

Current:
            '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
            '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
            '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
            '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
            '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
            '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
            '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
            '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Has anyone noticed that a ton of these celebrity suicides are caused by hanging? Kind of an odd coincidence.
              sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
              1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
              1991 318is - Sold
              1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                This spoiled my morning, luckily I can listen to the new Cudi/Ye album on repeat.

RIP Bourdain
                Probably the only highlight to this poopoo of a week eh

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                Very sad today because of this. Was a regular at his old NYC restaurant "Les Halles" that was attached to my sisters apartment, saw him live in a stand up he did a couple years ago, was an early watcher of his old shows & read his books. He was the man, the myth, the legend, in my eyes. He portrayed the rest of the world that people wouldn't ordinarily see, and brought it to you.....and always tied back to the fact that food doesn't discriminate. Its prob the ONE thing in our crazy world that unites us all. The food, travel & blog industry lost one of the best narrators of this today. :(
                that's wild to hear dude.

as ramsey had said "He brought the world into our homes..."

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                Has anyone noticed that a ton of these celebrity suicides are caused by hanging? Kind of an odd coincidence.
                Ironic isn't it? Two music artists really struggling with mental health issues come out with huge albums the same week that two major icons commit suicide? Maybe not ironic, but definitely bizarre.

Comment

I bet he didn't have any pants on
                  Originally posted by Fusion
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    *slow clap*

best joke ever.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

He was a cool dude that even if you had different views than you he would sit and listen to what you had to say. I liked the way he showed the countries he visited.

Proof that fame and fortune doesnt equal happiness aucks he couldn't shake his demons, he came off as a good man

Comment

on top of all this he is also 2 of the 3 celeb deaths 1.) Kate Spade 2.) Anthony Bourdain 3.) (hopefully bill cosby, or harvey weinstein)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          Ummmm. Is this a really inappropriate reference to auto-erotic-asphyxiation?
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Ummmm. Is this a really inappropriate reference to auto-erotic-asphyxiation?
                            Duh.

Comment

:rofl:
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X