Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic request...GC's 6in front 5.5in rear Side shots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8atman View Post
    ahhh crap. Well we will see what I will end up doing. I think the ST springs I have now are around the same rates of the ie3's so a 500-750 would be a bit more but not as bad as you are thinking. Regardless I understand what you are saying and I will start working out my next step. I talked to E-rich today and he recommended running no more the 450f 700r for a daily driver. I think I will call up GC tomorrow and speak with Jay and get some more answers.

Thanks again

Ash-

Great photos by the way :)
    i wouldnt say they are that close to ie3s...i still think 700 might be a little stiff for those shocks and 450 should be "ok" but if your planning on running konis sooner than later then it should work out. good luck man!!!

Originally posted by rwdrift
    Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
    - Erick

Comment

Thanks man..

IE3's are stiff but really don't compare at all to 500/750's for two reasons. First... well they aren't even half as stiff. Second, almost all drop springs are progressive, meaning they get stiffer as the spring compresses. They start out softer and as they compress they get stiffer. Ground Controls and almost all similar coil over kits use linear springs, meaning the spring is the same rate from the beginning of the compression to the end. That means that they feel even stiffer than they are, since they don't have that grace of a soft spot before stiffening up.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Thanks guys I am learning a lot haha. Ok well fuck looks like I am gonna start from ground zero and hold off buying this stuff until I get the right setup. I would rather do it right the first time. I guess for now I will just get some 15mm rear spring pads to raise the rear up to eleminate the rubbing for now and figure out what I will need next.

This is my list for my semi coilover setup.

GC's 450f 700r $400
        Koni's or billy shocks "do I have to run the shortened ones? and what is the best place to get these for the right price?" $600
        2 front progressive bump stops $24
        2 front strut tube collars for the coilovers $24
        2 front camber plates from IE. $150

Anything else I should think about?

$1200 total :( damn I was doing this to save my self from that haha.

Comment

Bilsteins aren't going to be stiff enough for those springs unless you revalve them, and Konis are more than $600 IIRC. You don't have to run shortened but if you need to go really low (which I figure you do with your extremely undersized tires) you aren't going to have much shock travel at all, so shortening is ideal.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
            Bilsteins aren't going to be stiff enough for those springs unless you revalve them, and Konis are more than $600 IIRC.
            You don't have to run shortened but if you need to go really low (which I figure you do with your extremely undersized tires) you aren't going to have much shock travel at all, so shortening is ideal.
            Jason, (owner of C3 Motorsport), is having a group buy of the short bodied top adjustable Konis on my local forum for $500. Send him a PM and talk to him about them. (his username on this forum is Slyder)

-Erik

Comment

Thanks Erik I will check that out. I am a bit strapped for cash right now but will keep that in mind.

Thanks

Ash-

Comment

Working...
              X