No announcement yet.

Early rear valence conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. Really like the look of the OEM panel over any after market valence. Welding doesnt scare me at all and my E30 is the 88 Vert with the factory facelift. So between Janderson's 44 page build (which I have read all of) and td325ic I think this should be a pretty straight forward upgrade. That is once I source a valence!
    450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
      This is great. Really like the look of the OEM panel over any after market valence. Welding doesnt scare me at all and my E30 is the 88 Vert with the factory facelift. So between Janderson's 44 page build (which I have read all of) and td325ic I think this should be a pretty straight forward upgrade. That is once I source a valence!
      That was the hard part. It took me almost 2 years to find one, no one wanted to do the surgery and ship it. I finally had to go do it myself, and transport it home myself.

And I'm glad you dug the thread, that's why I do such in-depth project threads. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Comment

Why the hell would you want to put EVEN LARGER tail lights on an e30 ?! Early model cars are too big , late model cars are comically enormous and i have one . The valance helps , save up for euro bumpers.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Speaking of taillights, I was washing the salt off of my car at the carwash. I was in a hurry and wasnt paying attention and BAM I broke my PS taillight. Not the face but the flat side that faces the plate. F*(&%%$^&%$&^%*(&^KIN SH*(&(^#T!!!!!!
          450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Early model cars are too big
            Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
              Huh?
              Let me rephrase, early model taillights are plenty large.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

bump somone finish info

Comment

Actually not to dig up an old thread any further but has anyone ever done a late model real valance with euro bumpers?

Kind of like having the mtech 1 valance but it being the metal from the factory...I too have a vert and I'm looking at choices to ditch the DBs and go with a cleaner look so that may be possible because I have seen some in junkyards I could harvest >_<

Comment

Originally posted by saxyjoo View Post
                    Actually not to dig up an old thread any further but has anyone ever done a late model real valance with euro bumpers?

Kind of like having the mtech 1 valance but it being the metal from the factory...I too have a vert and I'm looking at choices to ditch the DBs and go with a cleaner look so that may be possible because I have seen some in junkyards I could harvest >_<
                    It would be hard to hide the welds with euro bumpers. The early model rear valance actually looks fine with euro bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by saxyjoo View Post

I've wondered the same thing. It would look much cleaner than any of the aftermarket options out there if it was done right.

Comment

I refuse to retract my statement. :p
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
                          It would be hard to hide the welds with euro bumpers. The early model rear valance actually looks fine with euro bumpers.
                          Yea that would be the only problem I see with trying to do it, it could look interesting if someone was hella good with body work
                          :???:

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                            I am going to HIGHLY recommend against doing this.

I did the late rear valance swap onto my car. It's really not that hard, especially since nearly all of your work is going to be covered by the bumper. TONS of pics and info, check it out here:

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthre...oject+Facelift
                            the link doesn't work

Comment

2 1/2 year later and the link still doesn't work lol
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

add www. to the link

Comment

Working...
                                X