Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Clarification: The Mtec-II kit is still available new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Clarification: The Mtec-II kit is still available new...

I have been in contact with the dealer over here in the UK, and apparently the kits are still available through Germany. Some dealers may tell you otherwise. However, Mtec parts are listed under 2 sets of numbers: one set begin with 8 (if you look under aerodynamics kit) and the others begin with a 5 (for example, if you search under rear bumbers, then mtec bumper). As far as I know, these parts are exactly the same.
    The entire price for the kit here in the UK is 1455.72 pounds, equivalent to about $2700. Shipping is extra to the states of course, as are any import duties you may not be able to get around.
    Anyway, by giving these part #s to a US dealer, they should be able to find it for you. You can find all part #s at realoem.com.

EDIT: Update is on page 2
    Last edited by sweetride01; 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM.
    Moving sale: Everything Must Go!
    FS: 2001 740iL Sport, low mileage..... SOLD
    FS: 1990 Mtec II 325iS, $12,0K OVNO
    FS: 2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L Navi..... SOLD

FS: New Rieger lip, lachsilber metallic (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)
    FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Extreme 325iS (well, slowly getting there, anyway)......
    Almost too many mods to list ;-)

you know, $2700 really isn't that bad for a brand new OEM kit that fits perfectly out of the box...
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

But then you have shipping costs, etc. :(
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
        But then you have shipping costs, etc. :(
        And the dealership WILL pass those costs on to you, make no mistake. Nando is right, that's a good price. But that's not what you'll get it for.

Comment

I'm wondering also which would be cheaper: getting a US dealer to order the parts for me, or buying it in England and having it shipped to my US dealer, if thats possible, to possibly save on shipping costs and/or duties.
          I'm being paid in pounds right now so for me, the exchange rate works in my favour, either way.

FS: Very rare, new lachsilber metallic E30 Aero pack sideskirts... (WILL INCLUDE W/e30!!)

Comment

Originally posted by sweetride01 View Post
            I'm wondering also which would be cheaper ... buying it in England and having it shipped to my US dealer, if thats possible, to possibly save on shipping costs and/or duties.
            I'm being paid in pounds right now so for me, the exchange rate works in my favour, either way.
            That sounds like the way to go, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed View Post
              And the dealership WILL pass those costs on to you, make no mistake. Nando is right, that's a good price. But that's not what you'll get it for.

who said you had to get it from a dealership? there isn't one anywhere near me anyway :p
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

... and people (locally) questioned my spending 2.5x as much as I paid for my car, to paint it...

all-in-all that's not horrible even factoring in shipping, but whoa what a markup.
                Sold my Sepang Bronze 1990 325is and miss it already

Comment

Originally posted by dmoffitt View Post
                  ... and people (locally) questioned my spending 2.5x as much as I paid for my car, to paint it...

all-in-all that's not horrible even factoring in shipping, but whoa what a markup.
                  Think about how much a new M3 or E90 m-technic bodykit must cost though.....

People always tell me about how with the money I've spent on my "$3000" E30, I could've got a newer E36 M3. And thats true. But theres something about an E30, it just drives so nicely. Anyways, an E30 325iS was approximately $38,000 when new in todays money. So ha, its not a $3000 car, thats what I tell them... :D

Comment

so can BMA or some other factory parts dealer get a hook up and maybe start one of the best GBs ever?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                      so can BMA or some other factory parts dealer get a hook up and maybe start one of the best GBs ever?
                      2 problems with that.

1. They possibly wouldn't be able to get group buy pricing on something like that, due to the fact that they would all have to come over here from Germany.

2. You can't get most of the broke-ass kiddies on this site to pony up $100 for an iS lip group buy, let alone a $3k body kit.

Comment

Tell you what I'll do:
                        I'll investigate the 2 methods I proposed of getting it to the states, including the costs.
                        Then, in a week or so, if the costs are low enough, I will get a CCA membership over here, buy them all at 10% off, and take individual orders.
                        I will update this thread in a week or so after I have investigated...

Comment

Not always true, we don't charge shipping for direct ship items from Germany, just make you pay it in full.

Comment

2. You can't get most of the broke-ass kiddies on this site to pony up $100 for an iS lip group buy, let alone a $3k body kit.
                            word:up:

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                              word:up:
                              Aint it the truth... Turbo M3 tastes on a Ford Tempo budget...

Comment

Working...
                              X