No announcement yet.

Ruby's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still keeping a close eye on this, keep them updates rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzeTorres View Post
      Still keeping a close eye on this, keep them updates rolling.
      Glad you like the thread! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Have we gotten a good pic since you installed the IS Lip?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Was there also the proper vulva lip burning ceremony? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Let me see if I can find some pictures on my phone with the lip and splitter [emoji6]

Comment

Danggg, Ruby lookin' good :up:

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                Danggg, Ruby lookin' good :up:
                Thanks man! I think it's about time for another ATXE30 Coalition meet!

Comment

Nothing too exciting to update on. I pulled the seats and cleaned the carpet because all of our E30 adventure days we're starting to show on the carpet.

The seats were a HUGE pain in the ass to remove. The bottom seat coushion was too low to get a rachet on, so I had to use an old school 17mm wrench and go 1/100 of a turn at a time on the back bolts. Does anyone have a tip on removing the sport seats for next time? I somehow got the driver side raised enough to get my wrench around the bolt, but I don't understand the control image shown on the side of the seat.

Also, bonus pic from the Ft Worth stock show!

Comment

Your seat shocks might be blown levi, but if push down on the lever you can actually raise the seat. You may need to just raise it from outside the car while you're not sitting on it to gain access to those back bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
                      Your seat shocks might be blown levi, but if push down on the lever you can actually raise the seat. You may need to just raise it from outside the car while you're not sitting on it to gain access to those back bolts.
                      Thanks Andy, I'll try doing that tomorrow some time just to see if I can raise it up. I wouldn't be surprised if the seat shocks had gone flat since she'll be 27 this April.

Comment

One way or another, those God forsaken dump trucks full of rocks keep getting me.
                        I mentioned that before, but now I have some OEM Euro Hella smileys!
                        E30Market_ on instagram messaged me with these asking $150+$40 shipping, so for about $190 I got the headlight assemblies.
                        They didn't come with bulbs, so I got some LED H1 bulbs off Amazon for $80 for the 2 pairs. No worries on that though.
                        The only buggar came when I discovered that one of the low beam lights was missing the retaining clip for the H1 bulb.
                        I ordered some generic ones made of spring steel off ebay and bent it to shape last night, so I installed them today in the fucking cold.

Here's a shot of the broken low beam.
                        I also got a cracked high beam while cruising behind Dave's E46 M3 after cars and coffee Killeen, but I didn't really care because I already had the smileys.

These things look sweeeeeeeeeet!

Here's a shot of behind the scenes.
                        Going from the US ellipsoids to the Euro smileys was super easy.
                        I just ordered a set of 9005 to H1 and 9006 to H1 wiring adapters from InnovativeWiring.com.
                        The adapter just plugs into the wiring harness for the car, and you plug the H1 bulb into the adapter.
                        Bada-bing-bada-no-slipcing-for-me!

Here's a more clear shot of everything on the passenger's side.
                        The adapters were $25/pair (so $50 for the two pairs), and they're beefy as hell.
                        Also, I like that I didn't have to splice wires so now If I ever choose to go back to Ellipsoids (like if my smiley's get rock-truck'd), i don't have to do any funky wire work.

And here's one with the bulb lit up!
                        Side question, does anyone know if/how the smiley part is supposed to light up?
                        I've seen things saying it's to light the ground right in front of the car, but I don't see how it works.
                        I still need to wire in the city lights to the front running lights, which should just be a splice and wire job.
                        I'll update when I do that (of course).

Last edited by Levy3Poop; 02-07-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I drove down to NOLA over the weekend and one of those god damn gravel trucks got me too... bastards! Might be a good excuse to upgrade to smilies like you have!

We definitely need to have another E30 meet soon

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                            I drove down to NOLA over the weekend and one of those god damn gravel trucks got me too... bastards! Might be a good excuse to upgrade to smilies like you have!

We definitely need to have another E30 meet soon
                            Aren't they the worst?!
                            KoogleWerks is making covers for E30 lights soon. They'll definitely be worth getting. I feel like I'm driving around with precious gems on the front of my car, and that they'll be destroyed without the covers lol.

And we for sure need to have another meet. Lindsay and I were in Austin yesterday to bring Joey the style 5s that had been taking up my living room for ages. Maybe next time I'm in Austin it'll be for an e30 coalition meet!

Comment

The Smileys look great!

I wonder if Lamin-X film would help at all. If you get the universal rolls, you can specify different thicknesses. Then again, that must have been one big rock to shatter the lense like that.
                              '90 325i - 5 speed coupe
                              '05 330ci 6MT ZHP

Comment

Originally posted by Codym42 View Post
                                The Smileys look great!

I wonder if Lamin-X film would help at all. If you get the universal rolls, you can specify different thicknesses. Then again, that must have been one big rock to shatter the lense like that.

Yeah, it's super annoying because there's road work EVERYWHERE. I go up to fort worth for school: Major road work and rock trucks all over the place. I go to Austin for fun: Major road work in Temple (rock trucks all over the place). Hell, even in town the roads are all beat to shit and there's loose chunks of road all over the road. Hopefully i receive the Kooglewerks light covers he said he's sending soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X