No announcement yet.

This Is Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

difference between colloquial "50 cal" which is really .50cal and a real 50 caliber round is where my confusion stemmed.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Last edited by ernest1; 05-27-2012, 11:35 PM.

Comment

^ what is that?
        heading to Turkey for vacation in a few weeks.

Comment

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

a CF transmission? :o
            I wonder how much weight that really saved vs the headache
            sigpic
            Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
            If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
              PS? There's no way the pros outweigh the cons
              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
              (Daily Driver)
              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
              KW V2 Coilovers
              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Seems like it is from the Audi R18 that run the LeMans series...
                Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Since others are posting pictures of work I thought I'd share some highlights. If you have ever lived / worked / stayed in a hotel / been on a military base in the southeast chances are pretty good we've (my co-workers and I) have serviced the backup generators there.

600 kilowatt singe turbo 12 cylinder Caterpillar generator under full load. With the lights on...

And with the lights off.

Anyone looking for a Holset or Mitsubishi turbo to rebuild?

Some of them may be a little laggy...

Piston from a S16R Mitsubishi. A 16 cylinder quad-turbo engine

And that's my hand next to it

A 1200 kilowatt Detroit Diesel 12 cylinder quad turbo. My hat is hanging on the rocker cover for size reference

Twin-charged Detroit Deisel

Old bank vault in Atlanta converted to a generator room. 1000 kilowatt from a Cummins

Nine foot tall radiator on a 1000 kilowatt Caterpillar at a data center

A bank of cylinders from the same Caterpillar

Quad turbos on top of Cat genset

View of turbos from sitting on top of the radiator

And my size 12 boot next to the compressor housing

Single turbo 8 cylinder Caterpillar generator under full load with the lights off

View from the roof of the Mariott Marquis. There's a 600KW Kohler unit on the 42nd floor

25 liter straight six with a turbo attached to a Kohler unit

Twin turbo V8 Caterpillar generator. Radiator is about 7 foot tall. Over 90 gallons of oil to change. Try getting that at Jiffy Lube for $19.99

A pair of dinner plate sized Holset turbos

Comment

wow awesome photos.

Comment

Oh yeah, and one of me sitting on top of a Hi-Tech uninterrupted power supply emergency generator. Engine is a Mitsubishi S16 quad-turbo 16 cylinder. We're replacing the injector nozzles, adjusting valve lash, replacing water pumps, thermostats, and 2 100lb fluid dampeners on 6 of the engines. There are an additional 18 units at this facility. All in an undisclosed warehouse that houses one of Google's server farms. Each Hi-Tech unit produces enough electricity to power 100 moderately sized homes. I'd hate to see their power bill.

Comment

How much for one (or a few) of those old holsets?

Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by m73m95 View Post
                          how much for one (or a few) of those old holsets?

Seriously
                          +1

Comment

Originally posted by riverdale21 View Post
                            Oh yeah, and one of me sitting on top of a Hi-Tech uninterrupted power supply emergency generator. Engine is a Mitsubishi S16 quad-turbo 16 cylinder. We're replacing the injector nozzles, adjusting valve lash, replacing water pumps, thermostats, and 2 100lb fluid dampeners on 6 of the engines. There are an additional 18 units at this facility. All in an undisclosed warehouse that houses one of Google's server farms. Each Hi-Tech unit produces enough electricity to power 100 moderately sized homes. I'd hate to see their power bill.
                            Nice pics/info man!!! Much appreciated, terribly interesting/fascinating!!!

www.woranges.tumblr.com

Comment

Depending on the condition of the turbo my work will either rebuild them or trash them. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some they want to get rid of. Some of the smaller turbos in that crate are sized for 25 liters with full boost at 1800RPM. There are some Scandinavian guys (like the Audi General Lee) who will run Scania Holset turbos on their street cars. These would only really be good for top-end. I can probably get a hold of a Cummins turbo which would be decently sized for an M20/M50.

At any rate if I get my hands on some I'll be sure to let R3v know.

Comment

You are a heavy duty mechanic by trade?? A friend of mine works on similiar motors but they're powering the heavy equipment out at mine sites, construction, logging, etc. Very cool, very hot. All. Fucking. Day.

Im an industrial mechanic, and both gladly, and sadly, I work in food industry where everything is smaller scale. On one side its not so hard on the body/back but on the other it's far less interesting. I'd say my most interesting equipment would be our blast freezer, nothing like stepping through a door into a -30c wind tunnel
                                1990 332i, 4 door
                                2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                                2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                                2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                                2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
                                X