No announcement yet.

Tischer BMW - GetBMWParts.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, Jason from Tischer has contacted me, and it appears they are making this right. The reasons given for the problems I experienced seem legitimate, and I will probably try to use them again in the future.

I've definitely dealt with way worse businesses, I don't mean to say they are criminals or a rip off or anything. Just a bad chain of events with my order that caused some hassles.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Just as an update, I received the parts the next day. Strangely enough, I even received the parts that were apparently back ordered. Good timing, I suppose. And they shipped it all for free, for my hassles.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Sorry for the hassel...sometimes things just go wrong, no matter how much we strive for perfection. We'll always make things right though!

Thanks again!
        Evan Winstead ยท Internet Parts Manager

Shop & Save BIG on Genuine OEM BMW Parts, Accessories, M Performance, & Lifestyle!
        Contact Us | FaceBook | Twitter | NEW: Get Porsche & Audi Parts too!

Comment

Originally posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
          Sorry for the hassel...sometimes things just go wrong, no matter how much we strive for perfection. We'll always make things right though!

Thanks again!
          What discount do you offer through this forum? I am wondering if over all would be cheaper to buy states side instead of Toronto?
          sigpic

Comment

What discount do you offer through this forum? I am wondering if over all would be cheaper to buy states side instead of Toronto?
            We discount parts typically from 20 - 35% when you shop our site at getBMWparts.com. We have many customers from Canada (and all over the world) that purchase from us. Thanks!
            Last edited by Evan@Tischer; 09-12-2011, 04:31 PM.

Shop & Save BIG on Genuine OEM BMW Parts, Accessories, M Performance, & Lifestyle!

Comment

I've had good experiences with Tischer. My only gripe:

Guys, come on, get over the internet only-bullshit. Hire some broad, teach her to use the ETK, let her answer the phones and tell us if the stuff we want is in stock or not.

I get to work on my M3 Thursdays & Fridays only...so when I order a part, I want to know when its going to be here. In fact, I've started to use my local dealer on a lot of stuff because they have no problem speaking to customers and telling me what they have and when they can get stuff.
              1991 318iS
              1992 911
              2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
              1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
              1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

I've had good experiences with Tischer. My only gripe:

Guys, come on, get over the internet only-bullshit. Hire some broad, teach her to use the ETK, let her answer the phones and tell us if the stuff we want is in stock or not.

I get to work on my M3 Thursdays & Fridays only...so when I order a part, I want to know when its going to be here. In fact, I've started to use my local dealer on a lot of stuff because they have no problem speaking to customers and telling me what they have and when they can get stuff.
                LoL...it's in no way b.s....please let me elaborate...

We simply can't hire anyone, it's just not that easy - we work on small enough profit margins already since we discount all our parts to the max.

We closed the phone lines long ago because we couldnt keep up w/ the volume...and were actually spending too much time trying to coordinate over the phones...it's was counter-productive to the business we were trying to setup. The electronic communication we've changed to - email, pm, instant message, etc. - allows us to handle the huge amount of inquiries we get daily...and we depend on that volume to make up the lost profit we incur for the deep disounts. Plus, we can send pics, diagrams, install instructions, part #s, video, hyperlinks, previous correspondence, etc. etc. with electronic communication that just isn't possible w/ phones - which all leads to more accuracy in quoting, filling orders, etc.

We set our site and e-business up to be a simple, convenient, streamlined way of ordering parts at great pricing..while providing the best online customer service and support possible. It's not to have a one on one personal conversation - where we do all the work in looking up your parts, ordering, taking your payment info etc. For that, I'd recommend visiting your local BMW dealership and paying retail pricing (or whatever they offer) - as that's the service the parts advisors get paid to do...and the retail pricing typically charged is the price/profit margins those guys should get for offering that kind of service (if it's good). :)

Also, if you just shoot us an email, pm, instant message, etc. - you'll find out we typically reply within minutes, if not hours during normal business hours. (which can actually be quicker/easier than trying to phone into a BMW dealership for help) Whether you just want to check stock, need help finding a part, or have a general question - we are here and more than happy to help...but it'll be electronically. If we did open up a phone line - you'd just never get through as the amount of inquiries we get a day is nothing short of astonishing. (some days I'm honestly not sure how we do it)

Just want you to consider why this policy is in place before calling it out as simple b.s.....it's not only to our benefit, but to our customer's as well. :-D

Thank you.
                Last edited by Evan@Tischer; 08-04-2010, 06:42 AM.

Comment

I support tischer all the way, Evan and Jason has always been extremely helpful in getting everything for me. Literally everything. They even order the rear cabrio hardtop glass for me from germany when mine broke.

My only gripe is... damn please put someone else other than william at the front desk. He is cool and all, only sometimes, but put someone that smiles once in a while and is friendly. The only time I saw him smile was some black lady in the front flirting with him...

Comment

I have nothing but great service from Tischer BMW GetBMWparts.com. They have better service from the other side of the planet by email that face-to-face with the local BMW dealer.

Thanks Donnie, Evan and the crew!
                    sigpic

Comment

jason @ tischer bmw

Keeping this as short as possible...

bought new door actuator, cost=$80. Charged $15 to shipped + $5 handling per their shipping policy. This item was less than 1lb and was shipped USPS in a $5 box...spoke with jason who basically said "according to our policy blah blah blah"

They have gotten too greedy IMO. Will not order from again.
                      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I slightly disagree.

I happen to live close enough to pick stuff up myself, but I get the privilege of paying tax on my purchases.

I was pretty pissed with my last order, they started that $4.99 handling fee.
                        I couldn't stand spending $22 for a roundel (old raised letter kind that has a supercession issue, but they worked with me and fixed the order after the fact, thanks jason!) then getting $7 in "handling fees". But I guess with just the Roundel, the discount outweighs the fees.
                        So, in order to make myself feel better, I went ahead and ordered that x3 hitch kit that has been marked "clearance" forever. I'll be getting plenty of work out of that $5 handling fee this time.

Overall, I'm very happy, and they usually have the lowest prices. Perfect if you can find someone who'll match... (ahem, BLUNT)
                        Slicktop City!

Comment

i guess it is all on person to person basis, but i had only good things happen with jason. but then again, i always bought stuff that would justify the shipping. i just bought some stuff from a different company and their shipping was way overpriced... so i guess maybe shipping can just get expensive... sorry to hear your experience was bad...

good luck next time...
                          sigpic

Comment

People who are dumb enough to fall for their lowest price gimmick but then get rapped on shipping/handling deserve to pay. I'm tired of everyone saying "I can get it cheaper from tischer" At the end of the day they are a BMW stealership so what were you expecting. Should have ordered from Blunt.

Comment

I didnt order from them cause of their lowest price claim. Moreso bc they they had the part in stock. I didnt want to wait 2-3weeks for a special order from another vendor. I dont see why Jason was such a bitch on keeping that $10. Fine charge me $5 for handling but dont be a bitch and say you cant adjust the shipping price if a item clearly costs less to ship.

Yeah in the future, I wont be ordering anything else from them.
                              Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
                              http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The awful thing about the handling fee is that some other grunt whose already getting paid to work in their parts department will pack it and, and, AND the friggin' UPS driver will go to the dealership to pick up the package. What kind of labor are you paying for? So, essentially, they've charged you for work that someone would have done anyway as part of their job.

Comment

Working...
                                X