No announcement yet.

E30 Vert Power to Manual Conversion Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you need to get manual latches or can you reuse the power top latches?

Comment

You have to use the manual setup. It's entirely different size even.
      Work We Do
      CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
      http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Could you take a picture of the under side of your lid and show me what your catch is well, catching on.

My lid has a huge slot where the catch lines up and it doesn't come close to grabing anything no matter how adjust it

Im talking about the saftey catch that you have to reach in and release

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
          Could you take a picture of the under side of your lid and show me what your catch is well, catching on.

My lid has a huge slot where the catch lines up and it doesn't come close to grabing anything no matter how adjust it

Im talking about the saftey catch that you have to reach in and release
          power lids dont have it, mine doesnt and neither does yours kinda puts a damper on the whole thing

Comment

Ive got it all set up and it works, i just need to take the time to tack weld a small bar on the inside of the lid so the catch has something to.. well, catch.

Comment

Hey question for you guys - does the extra third safety latch directly bolt on the automatic? I'm considering doing the conversion. Unless... you guys have some linkages from motor to top mechanism? :D I may also need a motor. Last owner did a conversion and didn't include the linkages. He said the top never moved, but the motors are whirring.

Comment

Working...
              X