E34 Wagon swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 Wagon swap

Hello all, I just bought a 1993 525it and I would like to swap it. I have had turbo cars in the past and they are my favorite kind of induction. Any ideas what engine i should swap into it? budget is around 5k. Oh and i would like to use a 6spd manual out of an e46 m3. I have one laying around and i like the ratios.

M40 turbo.

Comment

12v cummins

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

I'm swapping an S52 into mine.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
          GTFO with your practical, relatively straightforward swap. I mean, who wants decent, reliable power when you could have a twincharged M20B20?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
            Nice, I also have a s54 sitting around but its so expensive to make power on them. Nvm the fact its obd2 and the wagon ways like 3700 pounds. Im trying to make a fast as f*** wagon. I had an s13 nissan making 350 at the wheel but it only weighed 2700, trying to make a car that fast. So what, 440 or something at the wheel? Also they made the wagon in awd?????? that thing would launch hard
            Last edited by bimmerjan; 06-10-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              M40 turbo.
              A little 4 banger in the big wagon? I think i might go BIG turbo s52. Or mild turbo on my existing m50, that would be cheaper

Comment

M70

Then turbo if you like :)
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

a real man would get an s62/g420
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

A REAL man would go SBC with a blower sticking out the hood, and tub it...

t

now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Im on board for turbo s52 for a reasonable swap

supercharged s62 for burnouts and wiring headaches
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerjan View Post
                        Hello all, I just bought a 1993 525it and I would like to swap it. I have had turbo cars in the past and they are my favorite kind of induction. Any ideas what engine i should swap into it? budget is around 5k. Oh and i would like to use a 6spd manual out of an e46 m3. I have one laying around and i like the ratios.
                        Nice, I also have a s54 sitting around but its so expensive to make power on them. Nvm the fact its obd2 and the wagon ways like 3700 pounds. Im trying to make a fast as f*** wagon. I had an s13 nissan making 350 at the wheel but it only weighed 2700, trying to make a car that fast. So what, 440 or something at the wheel? Also they made the wagon in awd?????? that thing would launch hard
                        So you have all these parts "laying around" and all this skill to build/swap cars but lack vision on what to do with all your resources? This sounds like a troll/attention whore post. :yawn:
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

LS swap, cant beat the HP to $ ratio
                          sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Conversions & Swaps - BMW e34 Touring LS1 swap (BMW 5 series wagon) - 609962 609963 609964 LS1 BMW E34 engine swap's time compressed into a few minutes - YouTube 1994 BMW 530 e34 Touring (wagon) LS1 Swap #‎BMWLS1Swap Hello Everyone, Thank for the opportunity to share my swap. It is a 1994 BMW 530 e34 Touring (wagon)....
                            sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

A little 4 banger in the big wagon? I think i might go BIG turbo s52. Or mild turbo on my existing m50, that would be cheaper
                              the smaller the motor, the more turbos you can fit in the bay
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                              X