Custom low profile oil pan for m20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom low profile oil pan for m20?

Hey, anyone knows if i can buy a low profile oil pan for an m20 somewhere online? I looked but all i could find are oilpans for ls swaps. Busted mine a while ago, and finally decided to maybe fix the car, looking for options right now.

Thanks.

No need for a custom pan. Get a good skid plate and be mindful of road hazards. You should be fine for a long time :)
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Had a Red46 skidplate, it did very well for about 3 years now but finally gave out. Basically what happened is car started acting up i decided to pull over to the middle (not a lane) and i hit one of these piece of craps Pushed the skidplate inside so much that the oilpan just cracked.

Comment

for those type of issues, you need to run the Jgee plate. I would say the red 46, and race skids types are more for day to day, small rock or debris in road

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Ah $$$$. Will be considering it.

Comment

I use 1, and cant tell you how good it is with words

Comment

Drysump it.

Problem solved!

Those fu*kin road boobs have bent several wheels for me....

t
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

yeah, I feel you. I was hecka pissed myself. Thought they were simple reflectors (didn't really pay too much attention because like I said, car was acting up), but boy was I wrong. Car jumped in the air after I hit it and its been like half a year now since it drove :(

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  I use 1, and cant tell you how good it is with words
                  Does your Jgee plate sits lower than then Red46 one btw? or is it approx the same height from the ground? Thanks

Comment

Im not sure, but its a different style all together, its like a roll cage for your motor

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      Im not sure, but its a different style all together, its like a roll cage for your motor
                      I see, probably going to go with it. Don't want to deal with busted oil pan again.

Comment

I've still cracked my oil pan with a Red46 skid plate as well..hit a chunk of metal something on the freeway one night, shoved the plate into the pan and cracked it

Comment

Working...
                        X