Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOOG front wheel bearing/hubs (made in china)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i did my research before buying the front hubs for my e30. Went to autozone since from the searches i did it seemed that the general consensus was that moog and durast have FAG bearing pressed in. Long story short i ordered the MOOG because of it's 3 yr warranty. Pick them up today. Box says FEDERAL MOGUL so good so far. Turn the box over "MADE IN CHINA" crap! Now i'm debating wheter i should return them and spend the extra 80$ and buy FAG's, or install them and see what happens, if they fail well the 3 yr warranty will come in handy. Looking for advice r3vr's. Anyone here running this crappier version of the bearings? Who you guys say? Thanks!

trust me. buy FAG or dont do the job. the china crap will last 2 years tops and you'll be doing the job again.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

That's funny that there bearings are poo I have there ball joints and tie rod ends I really like them

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Went and bought FAG ones. Now just to return these polished turds they call bearings.

Comment

fcpeuro has crazy cheap prices on FAG last I checked, FYI.
          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Not all FAG's are created equal. We had one develop substantial play after only a few hours of testing.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
              fcpeuro has crazy cheap prices on FAG last I checked, FYI.
              Too late, already picked mine up. Thank you though for the heads up. So has anyone repacked them with redline grease. I read up on it but i though it was soley for rear bearings?

Comment

I've used FAG bearings on mine - I did both sides, about 6 months apart - no problems from them. One was a "new" one I got from my parts supplier, so probably recently manufactured. The other was an older one. The first one I did was driver's side at 265K km and the passenger side just shy of 308K km.

One thing I do before I put the dust cap on, I put extra wheel bearing grease in it in the area under the cap.
                Estoguy
                1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                  I've used FAG bearings on mine - I did both sides, about 6 months apart - no problems from them. One was a "new" one I got from my parts supplier, so probably recently manufactured. The other was an older one. The first one I did was driver's side at 265K km and the passenger side just shy of 308K km.

One thing I do before I put the dust cap on, I put extra wheel bearing grease in it in the area under the cap.
                  Under the cap or squeezed into the ball bearings?

Comment

The area inside the cap. The side that faces out towards you. I squeezed a line around the inside there, as you can see the bearings a bit.

This side:
                    Estoguy
                    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
                    X