Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much faster is a GT3 RS than a stock E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much faster is a GT3 RS than a stock E30?

Find out...

Shake-Down for our ChumpCar. late model tank installed and ran it down to the gas light with no starvation! Was a great weekend. 14 hour race on December 8th!

Found it.
    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

dat sound...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

is that car stock and gutted 325i 88? just looks like there's no power.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
          is that car stock and gutted 325i 88? just looks like there's no power.
          Because it doesn't. ;)

Nice vid. I'm jelly, RA seems like an awesome track (if a bit scary in the braking zone in the back straight).

Comment

87 325i. All stock. Only mod is sport springs and cabrio front sway. It is inside the spirit of the rules ChumpCar. It is stripped interior. Not 100% gutted yet. Hitting 110-115 into 10a at Road Atlanta so no issue on power. It's not even chipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              Because it doesn't. ;)

Nice vid. I'm jelly, RA seems like an awesome track (if a bit scary in the braking zone in the back straight).

Awesome track! Cannot wait for the 14 hour race in 3 weeks! 10a is awesome off the back straight. The ChumpCar with PFC 06 pads front and rear could be stopped to make the turn at the 100 marker...

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                Awesome track! Cannot wait for the 14 hour race in 3 weeks! 10a is awesome off the back straight. The ChumpCar with PFC 06 pads front and rear could be stopped to make the turn at the 100 marker...
                Yeah should be nuts! How do you like the 06s? 08s just came out, supposedly no downsides coming from the 06s. Have you logged your top speed going into 10a?

Comment

I ran my swapped E30 on 08s. They are definitely better. The ChumpCar still has an almost full set of 06s from our last race so not going to buy 08s for it yet. If I was buying them right now definitely get the 08. The feel is better and seemingly show little wear from a few 20 min sessions on Saturday.

E30 M52 130-132/3
                  E30 325i ChumpCar 110-115 - This is more dependent on how well you hit 7 and if you get any wheel spin.

Comment

good video thanks or sharing maing

...and that's exactly why i put an s52 in mine. jajaja forgot how slow e30's are dear God.

Even with 100 extra hp i still felt like i was commuting to work into 10 with the difference that i could make 132-135ish mph riding 7 grand. One doesnt need to go fast in a e30 to feel like you're hauling ***. Good times.
                    No more e30s for me.
                    88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                    88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                    91 BMW 325i [sold]
                    86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

but you could buy 40 or 50 E30's for one Porsche...

t
                      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

^^^ Once upon a time....

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
                        Originally posted by scabzzzz
                        I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
                        1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
                        2002 325i - DD
                        2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

great track looks like fun. way to represent.
                          sigpic
                          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Nice Vid -

I have a few questions about your fuel tank setup, since I'm looking into doing the same thing for my ChumpCar.

-Did you convert completely to the newer tank and pumps with high-pressure feed coming from the tank? Or did you keep the low-pressure feeder and run the stock early-model external HP pump? Which pumps did you end up using?

-Surge tank or the new tank only?

-Were you able to run longer than 2 hours?

-How much gas did you put back in when you filled up?

TIA!
                            Ben
                            Thelma-Louise, the '88is Chump Car - back to M20 power!

2014 ChumpCar Season Schedule!
                            April 5-6 Autobahn, IL - Sat: 1st! Sun: 3rd
                            May23-25 Watkins Glen, NY: 4th, 5th, 4th
                            October 4 PittRace Sprints: 2nd in C-class
                            October 18-19 NCM, Bowling Green KY: 2nd, 1st!
                            Nov 1-2 Watkins Glen - Chumpionship - 1st car to exit the race with significant body damage :(

Find us on FB! Schaut Speed Motorsports

Comment

Maybe my co-captain will be along to say what he did. I was out of town for that work day. I think it's all late model. Only late pump. Surge tank which is a large fuel filter mounted in trunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X