No announcement yet.

Calypsorat 325is(orta), manual everything, Spain->AZ->SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pro BAR legal m52 here after hearing your thoughts.

plus you dont have to pay out your ass for the S, if you ever do find yourself wanting a bit more oomph, you can build a 3.0L m52 with junkyard parts on the side, or buy an s52 and plop it in the m52's place when you have the funds. I've driven a member's car here with an s52 and it was fanfreakintastic. I think an m52 would also be just as great when taking into account how much less it cost.

plus, e30s with fading paint look way better than other cars new paint. I sold my sedan cuz the paint was absolute shit, and I think I should have followed through with that project before offing it.
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
      I'm pro BAR legal m52 here after hearing your thoughts.
      you could probably even convert a M52 to run as a M50 and only deal with OBD1...

WILL WHAT IS THIS DELPHIN MODEL....

also, see if you can connect with these guys. BMW CCA in SD is pretty big. Qualcomm has the autox events... plenty to do down there

Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        you could probably even convert a M52 to run as a M50 and only deal with OBD1...

WILL WHAT IS THIS DELPHIN MODEL....
        :devil: thread coming soon
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I am an hour drive from San Diego though, and in my brief time racing and years working in the industry I found that most car guys really rub me the wrong way, too much money, overconfidence and toxic masculinity. I'm a loner in general tbh, I have untreated health problems which effect my ability to socialize. Which leads me to another personal E30 downside, I'm a bit too shy/anxious to be comfortable with so many randos complimenting my car and wanting to talk to me about it. For as shitty as my E30 looks, I have never had a car that got more attention, not even my shiny red caged AE86 with carbed, high comp 4AG that spun 9k, spit fire and sounded nuts.

I would love to put a 24v in my car, I just don't see it being any more possible today though than I did 5 years ago when I bought it, if anything less so because I don't work in shops anymore. I have one very knowledgeable buddy who can help me, but he's a fulltime wrench with little free time and I'll have to pay him, and I still don't have a place to even keep a motor on a stand, let alone perform the swap, or know where to source a motor. Its annoying, because otherwise i have the money to do it. As much as I want to keep it and swap it, everything indicates its really best for me to get into a position where I don't need to spend so much of my time on my car, and hopefully have a car that doesn't look so shitty at the same time. The California thing is really standing in my way of continuing to be a E30 owner, just as it stands in my way preventing me from having most of what I had in my old life in the midwest. i don't enjoy working on cars when I am having to do it in the street or in a cramped driveway with no bench or room to move.

I feel the more I say, the more I expose myself as a super weird dude with lots of problems. The last 10 years have been a personal struggle harder that I ever imagined. I have been fortunate to have mostly reliable vehicles getting me through it though, if not the performance and beauty that I desire.
          sigpic
          1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

were all super weird dudes with lots of problems. Its the internet.
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
            X