FS MINT 89 Cirrusblau 325i Manual Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS MINT 89 Cirrusblau 325i Manual Sedan

Offering for sale a freshly painted 1989 BMW 325i 5 speed manual 4 door sedan. I have owned this E30 for the last 14 yrs and have documented maintenance of the majority of the service history on this car during that time. It is the culmination of years of hands on attention and many hours of love, blood, sweat and tears. The car has had just about every gasket and o ring replaced during my ownership as well as enthusiast mods that improve the cars performance, yet keeps the original looks. I may regret selling this car, but in my opinion it deserves better than to just sit in my heated garage waiting for an occasional drive through the canyon.

I want this to go to another enthusiast that can appreciate this car for what it is. Having a near flawless exterior is almost impossible to come by these days and with this new paint job, the car is something to behold. No the car was not painted at Maaco! It was painted at a shop in SLC, UT that is very reputable and by the owner that has been in the auto paint business for 30 years. The car had all the doors, glass, bumpers, seals, locks, headliner, hood and trunk, with all accessories removed for a proper full jamb original color respray.

The only body parts that are not original are the hood, left front fender, and sunroof which were replaced with OEM mint original BMW parts. The left rear jack storage cubby / valance area was cut out and replaced with metal from a donor car due to rust degradation. I wanted no bondo repairs on this car. The drivers floor pan also had new metal welded in to eliminate some cancer there as well. Bondo was only used to fill in small imperfections like door dings which the car had very little to begin with. This car was not a garage queen and was daily driven for most of my ownership, yet remained clean and straight and has never been in any major accident. There was an insurance claim on the car in July 2016 due to one of my sons friends backing into the hood and fender in his driveway at night. Thus the reason for replacing those panels. Sunroof had a small spot of rust on it so it was easier to replace than fix.

Mechanically the car is excellent as well. I just installed a newly freshened low mileage 3.73 limited slip diff in the car as well as new FAG wheel bearings and rebuilt axles with rear brake rotors and pads including e brake shoes and hardware. The car has lots of new parts and many replaced not too long ago. Engine runs superb with a conforti chip in the ECU. About the only gasket that has not been replaced on this car is the head gasket which does leak some oil from the right side, but I believe almost all M20s leak there!

The car was originally an auto and even though in 2006 we had had the tranny rebuilt, it was replaced with a 5 speed swap in July of 2016. Low mileage getrag 260 from a wrecked vert that was given all new seals and synthetic oil along with a resurfaced flywheel and new sachs clutch disc. Also all new bushings and parts for the shifter. M stitched leather boot and classic old school shift knob. M tech1 steering wheel was added at that time too. Also installed H&R springs with Bilstein HD shocks along with a Red46 skid plate to protect the oil pan. Freshened the rack with new tie rods and boots, new outer ball joints in the control arms with CAB too. Car had a proper alignment as well with all the new suspension parts and new power steering hoses and a new main AC hose. All of these parts have less than 20k miles on them now! AC compressor was replaced in 2005 and system was converted to r134. Also had the driveline remanufactured then as well with replaceable u joints!

In November of 2017 the timing belt was done for the 3rd time in my ownership with 207k miles on the odometer. The car received a new radiator, water pump, thermostat, plugs, cap and rotor, coolant hoses, temp sensor, new oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket with valve adjustment and carbon fiber wrap on cover, oil filter housing o rings and seals, and a brand new Bosch idle control valve w/intake boot and vacuum hoses. Car also received a fresh M1 oil change, new 205/60/14 tires, front brake job with zimmerman cross drilled rotors, fresh dot 4 fluid, and a sweet Magnaflow cat back exhaust muffler with 2 wicked 4" stainless tips. What a great sound this car makes!

In 2/2015 the car had a new battery installed as well as a keyless entry system and blower motor. Back in 11/2010 I swapped in a crack free dash and installed the current pioneer stereo system with alpine speakers in the car. The dash has since recracked so I'm not willing to do that again unless I can find a brand new dash that won't crack again. Grrr!

I also just installed a sweet custom made black headliner that was made to look like the original headliner from an E30 M3. This really changes the looks of the interior and I also installed near mint black door cards and comfort seats with new black floormats purchased from a guy here on R3V. Also added a map light mirror with factory wiring and recarpeted the rear shelf with black carpet. I did not change the original tan carpet as it was in excellent condition, but I did give it a thorough cleaning before reassembly. Car also has new genuine BMW glove box handle with matching lock keyed to match all the other freshened lock cylinders. New emblems to top it off and replaced the aux fan with another known good fan and new resister. Fresh M1 oil change as well.

As you can see this car is in better condition than 99% of all E30's out there. About the only issue I can think of that I haven't already disclosed is I believe the fuel gauge is acting weird. When I drove it after getting it all back together I noticed the gauge was cutting in and out. Could be a stuck sender or bogus ground from sitting so it may be nothing. Fuel gauge is fixed! The sender on the fuel pump side was giving crazy and sporadic ohm readings so I swapped in a different one from my parts hoard and gauge now functions properly! Odometer still works great! Car drives awesome. Wanting to get $12,000 for this jewel. PM me if you have further questions or want to get in touch. I'm hoping I can get my pics to load properly, but they really don't do the car justice. I can't get good light or nice weather to take the kind of pics that really show off this car. Thanks for looking at my FS add!

Dan

Last edited by wodcutr; 03-15-2019, 01:10 PM. Reason: Updated info
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

... now you just need to post pics...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I hope these pics are good enough! Last 4 pics are when I brought the car home from paint.
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

you can't hotlink photos out of email attachments. you'll need to rehost them. I suggest http://imgur.com
        cars beep boop

Comment

So my pics aren't working? I made a Flickr account and tried to post using the instructions here on R3V. I can see them all. Maybe I need to make them all available to the public if y'all can't see them.

Comment

Pictures are working fine for me. Car looks fantastic! Good luck with the sale!
            1989 635csi - Betty White - 5-Speed, 120k, AWII over Natur Nappa

Comment

sale

Just plain Wow! A steal at that price.

Comment

Forgot to mention the car comes with the 4 14" weaves on the car plus 2 spares for a total of 6!

Comment

Where are all the people that post they are wanting to by a mint E30 with matching budgets?

Comment

I'm always looking for swaps matching the following traits:

- Bimmer motor swapped in
                    - work well done
                    - documentation is special

Current Bimmers:
                    1991 525i, lagungrun
                    1991 318i M54B30 swapped, brilliantrot
                    1991 318i S52 swapped, diamantschwarz
                    1991 Bertone FreeClimber (with 2.7i M20B27 engine)
                    1989 325is, bronzit
                    1982 320i M50B25 swapped, alpinweiss
                    1981 320i, saphirblau
                    1976 2002, mintgrun

"Murderbrick" 1991 318i M54B30 swap

Comment

Might be willing to work out a trade for an X3 for the wife. Pm me if you have something for me to look at!

Comment

Originally posted by wodcutr View Post
                        Where are all the people that post they are wanting to by a mint E30 with matching budgets?
                        You might want to consider putting the car up on BAT.
                        Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                        1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                        1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                        1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                        2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                        2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                        Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                        Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

BAT is definitely a possibility

Comment

Had some interest from a guy in Vegas. He passed because he thought the motor might need to have a new head gasket due to my disclosing that there is a minor oil weep at the right front corner of the motor there. Noobie assumption!! This car has had the best care and if it had needed a head gasket it would have been done, period.

Comment

I'm at 280k and have the same leak. 18 years daily, no biggy...
                              lovely car. glws.
                              Originally posted by wodcutr View Post
                              Had some interest from a guy in Vegas. He passed because he thought the motor might need to have a new head gasket due to my disclosing that there is a minor oil weep at the right front corner of the motor there. Noobie assumption!! This car has had the best care and if it had needed a head gasket it would have been done, period.
                              sent from hell using Tapatalk
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              '90 325i sedan daily driven
                              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
                              X