No announcement yet.

Sparco bar on a m42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever said a nut needed to be threaded on all the way to work properly?? There is actually a rule of thumb/formula based on the TPI/size of bolt/size of nut to figure out if you have enough thread engagement. Search it on google you'll find it somewhere.

Comment

okay, well there must be more than 1 of you with a m42 and sparco bar installed... what did the rest of you guys do to get the bar fit properly?
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

The spacer idea seems to be the way to get it to fit.

The other idea I had was to pound the bar with a hammer where it would rub against the intake manifold, but then you run the risk of weakening the bar with creases.

That guy is the first person I've heard of to run that bar on w/ an M42, so there probably aren't too many folks running with it.

Comment

use m40 motor mounts. supposedly it will drop your motor down a little. but dont complain to me when the road decides to remove your sump.
          sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

get some steel plate and trace around the mounting flange of the sparco bar then cut out and drill holse acordingly...... (longer studs would be good, but not necessary if the nut threads on all the way)

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by e30evolution
              get some steel plate and trace around the mounting flange of the sparco bar then cut out and drill holse acordingly...... (longer studs would be good, but not necessary if the nut threads on all the way)
              What is the difference in that and using washers?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

more surface area to distribute any forces.
                sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Working...
                X