No announcement yet.

California Dreamin': E30 Vert Build Inspired by Katy Perry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get a new oil pan after the last issues? Also, get AAA. We get free towing within 7 miles, but we can upgrade it to 90 miles, which we really need to do lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Levy3Poop View Post
      Did you get a new oil pan after the last issues? Also, get AAA. We get free towing within 7 miles, but we can upgrade it to 90 miles, which we really need to do lol

I did! So I’ve gone through 2 oil pans in the last 48 hours or so.

I don’t have AAA, but I have Porgressive with similar coverage. So we gucci there. Btw, with progressive, you get 100 miles free and free towing that won’t eat into your 100 miles if the destination is a shop! It’s worth looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by LorenzeTorres View Post
        I did! So I’ve gone through 2 oil pans in the last 48 hours or so.

I don’t have AAA, but I have Porgressive with similar coverage. So we gucci there. Btw, with progressive, you get 100 miles free and free towing that won’t eat into your 100 miles if the destination is a shop! It’s worth looking into.
        If you installed a brand new oil pan, what caused that CA-fine-inviting leak? I mean, you didn't run anything over did you?

Comment

Wow that's too bad to hear :( Running beefier tires should give you that extra clearance you're looking for. Those 205/40s are about an inch and a half smaller than running 14" basketweaves with stock tires (195/65/14). This is mostly why I run beefy tires on mine, it's not the best look but it provides that extra clearance I need.

sigpic

Comment

Imho, if you want to rock a low E30, you need some serious oil pan protection.

I've been through a similar experience, and after swapping my oil pan in my driveway I told myself "never again."

A severe duty skid plate will rid you of your oil pan crushing problems for good.

Comment

Need a skidplate when live dat lowlife bruh
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

No!!!!

Comment

Rip
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Rip in peace

Comment

Damn, that was quick......
                      My son has the 1987 325e, 2 door, 5speed
                      I daily the 1989 325i, 4 door, 5speed

Comment

~~~Quitter~~~

Comment

Anybody know what skirts are on this car?
                          1985 s50b30, 91 front and rear valence, e30 m3 suspension, advance design coilovers, GC camber caster plates full solid bushings alla round, adjustable rear arms, ireland sways front and back, ireland big brake kit front and back , team dynamics wheels, 24lb injectore ltw fly, intake , headers, exhaust, so forth so on......

Comment

Originally posted by nismoman View Post
                            Anybody know what skirts are on this car?
                            Ford Taurus
                            2009 BMW 328i xDrive (Daily/winter drift king)
                            1987 BMW 325i (Currently torn apart)
                            Instgram: @Ebola.30

Comment

Hey Everybody!

Decided to pop into an old thread and I rudely left y'all hanging since June. Just a quick update, the car still lives on locally in the Bay Area. I sold it to an acquaintance who is currently enjoying it.

In the middle of sourcing an S50, I decided to throw in the towel. I've had an unusual amount of bad luck and after recently replacing the oil cooler a few months prior, a giant rock found its way between the vents on the bumper to take out my new one. It was straight up like Luke Skywalker in the scene where he blows up the Death Star.

In the midst of all this and some tragic life events, I had to ask myself if I can continue on with this car. The last straw was when I got an eviction notice from working on it too often in the parking lot. I had some grand plans for this car and unfortunately it was not in the cards for me to keep it. Not a day goes by where I wish I was still actively a part of the E30 community.

IMG_5959 by lorenze torres, on Flickr
                              On the flip side, owning the E30 opened my eyes to owning another BMW and so I ended up with an E46 that was an out-of-the-box track beast. Don't get me wrong, I love the vert but it was far from being the drift/ track/ daily driver I wanted it to be. This ticked the boxes for me.

FJSAND1A by lorenze torres, on Flickr
                              Originally, I was looking into diving into a bigger headache like a Ferrari 348, but my GF and best friend convinced me to split my budget and get two interesting cars with two different purposes. Not a garage queen.

So I also ended up this.

I don't think I've been a part of a community so passionate and helpful. Thank you guys for all your help and the words of encouragement when the going got tough. I walked away having more confidence in working on my cars and being prepared for any issue.

If you want to keep in touch or have any questions about my car or the parts, shoot me a DM on IG. You can find me at @LorenzeTorres

Cheers!
                              Last edited by LorenzeTorres; 11-12-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Nice update. I started feeling bad for your car and pockets after the second oil pan cracked. Congrats on the new cars!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X