Radiator support.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator support.

are all radiator supports the same size?
    -Paolo
    1986 325e RIP.
    1989 525i
    1986 635CSI

yes
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

NO

early models have different rad supports from late ones because of the way radiator mounts. Change occurred for 88 production model. Also it's slightly different on the bottom.

Comment

+1^

Comment

+2

Comment

how different is it? I have a 88+ radiator that im planning on putting in my 86. what do i need to do then?

Comment

The hoses are totally different, the radiator itself will mount no problem you just need the little plastic piece found atop 88+ radiators. The hose routing will be tricky unless you want to swap waterpumps and thermostat housings. You can do it ghetto style if you don't want to swap waterpumps, you just need to find a way to mount the crossover pipe from the latemodel cars and modify some hoses.

If you have a decent junkyard nearby I'd suggest looking at the different cooling systems side by side and finding something that will work for you.

Comment

found this thread as im searching for answers,
                RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

it does list this as the right year, but says the word "convertible" on the notes, which is what makes me wonder.....

do all the supports of the same years, aka late model, work on the same car with respects to coupe, sedan, vert?

anyone know where to get a new radiator support besides rockauto? found one on amazon.com as well with this same part no.

Comment

realoem actually matches up part no. for the secondary part no listed at rockauto. only thing that bothers me is the 'convertible' note on rockauto.....

anyone have any insights or experience with this? i dont want a used one, i wanna go new for sure

Comment

Anyone have any ideas? Sounds like its worth a go?

Comment

I wouldn't worry that it says vert or not. I think you'll be fine.
                      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Working...
                      X