Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 323i Turbo project please HELP(i have read various topics already)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 323i Turbo project please HELP(i have read various topics already)

I have a 323i Mtechnic E30 86 with the normal gearbox i wanted to install a turbo... i can customize my kit here in peru, because here there is no kit available...i wanted to ask and if somebody could help me, i have hear that the engine can resist 8-10 psi its that correct? if i install it on 8 psi how much HP i would gain and if the gearbox would handle that amout of torque thanks from peru

gearbox will be fine.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

I'm not sure what the compression is on a 323i, but I would think that 8-10lbs would be OK on a motor in good condition. You could expect about a 100hp gain, more with a standalone engine management/tuning/intake/exhaust/intercooler/etc

Comment

yeap i was thinking on... Turbo, Intercooler, high inyec, a standalone or haltech, walbro fuel pump and the basic.
        i was woried because of the gearbox

Comment

but i was thinking on getting forged low compression pistons kit and let 12 - 14 PSI in my engine

Comment

If the CR it's 8.8:1 you will be fine up to 1 BAR reliable (sp?), but get a stand alone system. Tranny stuff will hold the extra abuse fine except the clutch/pressure plate.
            Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

The getrag 260 gearbox is really robust. If it's in good condition, it's the last of your worries. You will need an upgraded clutch though. You can search on this site to find more info on which clutch you should go with.

Edit: Oops. I thought the 323i came with a 260. 240s do have problems holding power.
              Last edited by Jordan325iC; 07-05-2008, 12:31 PM.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC View Post
                The getrag 260 gearbox is really robust. If it's in good condition, it's the last of your worries. You will need an upgraded clutch though. You can search on this site to find more info on which clutch you should go with.

Edit: Oops. I thought the 323i came with a 260. 240s do have problems holding power.
                So a tranny in a 89 325 in good condition would be fine with a boosted motor? How about the rear end?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuel4blood View Post
                  So a tranny in a 89 325 in good condition would be fine with a boosted motor? How about the rear end?
                  It will hold jsut fine, unless you run drag tires and lunch the hell out of it breaking cv axle sor other things first.
                  Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                    It will hold jsut fine, unless you run drag tires and lunch the hell out of it breaking cv axle sor other things first.
                    ok cool thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X