Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24V Turbo Guys help!

Hey guys,
    I'm stuck. I've bolted all the hardware as it should be. Triple checked everything.

info:
    91 e30, 94 m50b25 obdi vanos. 50trim turbo, 30lb injectors, draw through setup, ecu flashed with identical setup from a different car so tune should be good.

To make a long story short my car isn't idling right. When its cold it won't idle it'll just boggle and stall. When its warm it will idle but with an AFR of over 16. Not good. When I try to drive it, in neutral the AFR is way too high and it boggles and has no power. Will hesitate and barely accelerate. It also won't build any boost. When i punch the throttle the boost will go from vacuum to 0 but not past.

Whats going on??

heres a link to my thread if interested:

Check for vacuum leaks. Could be a faulty idle control valve.
    1986 328 M50 stroker turbo, Precision 6262, Miller tuned, Aeromotive a1000, 8.5.1 Wiseco pistons, Eagle rods, Tial wastegate @20lbs, Tial bov.
    Instagram @e30_fred

Comment

checked everywhere for leaks. ill go over it again. would a faulty idle control valve be an issue during driving?

Comment

I'm not a 24v guy, but 30lbs injectors are tiny for a boost motor.
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

The identical flash you're using was originally made for 30# injectors??

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            I'm not a 24v guy, but 30lbs injectors are tiny for a boost motor.
            ^ this is true, what kind of boost are you running?
            It sounds quite a bit like a tuning issue as well, "identical" engines are never the same.
            What do your plugs look like?
            Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 12-30-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

The tune was for stock compression @ 8psi .30# should work fine.

What do u mean what kind of boost am i running?

I will try to find the specific code# but almost positive the plugs are the colder NGK BKR7E gapped to .028

Comment

If the tune is not for 30# injectors then it will not work, not sure of what you mean by
                Originally posted by hokejka View Post
                .30# should work fine.
                If you actually take the plugs out how do they look? Black, white, spark plugs can tell you a lot.
                Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 12-30-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Did a smoke test today. There are no boost leaks. Also no codes begin thrown.

Ill take the plugs out first thing tomorrow. No the tune is for my identical setup as i mentioned.

My waste gate was leaking but even fixed the car won't build any boost and barely idles.

I unplugged the MAF and thats when it finally drives/acts normal but still doesn't build any boost.

Comment

still going to circle back around to the injectors.....Thats small. I really think you should verify that is in fact what your tune is setup for.
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                      still going to circle back around to the injectors.....Thats small. I really think you should verify that is in fact what your tune is setup for.
                      It has been verified.

Comment

tune is from Otis's euro build

Comment

found BOV to be open at idle. Getting a stiffer spring.fingers crossed

Comment

Car is finally boosting with stiffer spring. Once it hits boost its almost as if everything was fixed. AFRs are where they should be. Once I let off, the gas/idle/and getting back into boost is a struggle, it boggs, and runs super lean, 18+.

Comment

Originally posted by hokejka View Post
                              Car is finally boosting with stiffer spring. Once it hits boost its almost as if everything was fixed. AFRs are where they should be. Once I let off, the gas/idle/and getting back into boost is a struggle, it boggs, and runs super lean, 18+.
                              If its super lean its either getting extra air from somewhere that the ecu doesn't knpw about, or its not putting enough fuel in...

How is your fuel pressure? Fuel Pressure Regulator? Fuel filter?

Edit! Sorry, didn't see thread date...
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                              X